Rockne D2 Job Changes Topic

Currently in day 2 of new coach signup's. King's of the MAC in D3 is a good available team for those who want a quick and succesful move to D2 next season.
12/31/2017 10:05 AM
Kentucky State of the SIAC, is available now to anyone who is eligible to make the jump. All human recruits on the team and very competitive. Missed the PO's last season but still a good team.
12/31/2017 10:14 AM
Bump for job changes beginning tonight/tomorrow. Rumor has it highly ranked Central Oklahoma and Ferris State will be looking for new coaches to man the helms. Stay tuned and join the best D2 world out there.
1/30/2018 8:28 PM
Word on the street is that Western New Mexico and Midwestern State are going to be on the lookout for a new HC as well, all Top 20 programs in addition to already mentioned C.Oklahoma and Ferris.
1/30/2018 8:35 PM
Ferris State just came open! I'm going to test out the rebuild market! Ferris St is a pretty talented team, 2 NC appearances and in the hunt every year. Right now it is an I Formation offense and a 4-3 Defense. They will be young on O this year and will return a solid D! Good luck to whoever gets the job!!
Bradley
1/31/2018 8:42 AM
Down to 54 from 71 this season, lots of good teams open for those not interested in rebuilds. Playoff caliber teams open are Ferris St, W. New Mexico, Central Oklahoma State, Siganaw Valley St., Kentucky State(Shotgun team), Midwestern St. and Slippery Rock. Wow, that's a lot of opportunity to jump in and start competiting.

Great league, join if you're up for it!
1/31/2018 10:44 AM
Have to vouch for someone to take Western New Mexico. It's a Wishbone offense with 4-4 and Nickel defenses. It's a turnkey ready Playoff contender with the right coach.
1/31/2018 11:50 PM
Big changes around the league, this will be an interesting year. Valdosta St was open and the old coach left a solid Hillsdale team he built up for them. Get a good team while they are available!
2/1/2018 2:00 PM
The world flips over Friday night and there are still some great teams to jump into.

Midwestern State - Pro-set / Trips with 4-3 & Nickel
Long term coached and established. Averaged 12 wins over the past 3 seasons.

Kentucky State - Pro-set / 4-3 & Nickel
Coached for 9 seasons by 4 different coaches and finished 12-3 with the CC. Previous two seasons were 9 wins.

Saginaw Valley St - I-Form / 4-3
GLIAC is wide open for the first time to move in. Very established team with an 11 win average.

Hillsdale - I-Form / Trips & 3-4
GLIAC team again that was predicted to be a top 15 this season. Complete rebuild by a long time coach who built it for 8 seasons. Average win for vision is roughly 11 wins.

Indiana (PA) - Pro-set / Trips & 3-4
Competitive PSAC conference so lots of head ot head competition. The previous coached just finished a 4 season rebuild, so you can get them without sims. Vision will be about a 9 win average.

Slippery Rock - ND Box & 4-3 / Nickel
Also in the PSAC, the previous coach did a 4 season rebuild and has some really good seniors coming back to work with. Vision is about the same as Indiana (PA).

We are down to 58 coaches from 71 last season and hoping to at the very least, make sure these built teams continue forward.

2/2/2018 12:24 AM
coaches moving up or dropping out?
2/7/2018 9:38 PM
I think we dropped about 11 coaches. It looks like the majority moved up to D-1AA and we had a couple back out of the world. We should be sitting at 60 coaches right now.
2/7/2018 10:41 PM
good stuff, thanks for all of your effort, enjoying D-II Rockne
2/10/2018 10:14 PM
It's been awhile, but we are still alive! Job changes starts tonight and there are some good teams open. We have around 48 coaches after some coaches left and looking for more! W. Liberty State and NC Central are great teams. There are also conferences that are open enough to feel competitive if you need to build a team up.

Huge congrats to Bloomsburg and coach Jms245 who took over a full rebuild and finally won the NC in the 9th season in a VERY competitive D2 world! It took him awhile but he moved his team up to Guess #5 this season to finally break the wall to win over Long Island 28-21, scoring 28 points in the second half after trailing 10-0.

Great community, come join us!
4/12/2018 12:20 AM
I was on the waiting list for Rockne and was never notified that job changes had begun...what's up with that?
4/12/2018 6:49 AM
SmokePants. Might be the turnover of ownership. But teams available now so if you want one go after it. I think W Liberty St is pretty decent.
They ave about 610 per player with decent cores. Not thrilled with some of the WE's but this doesn't go for the whole team.
I like that he redshirted 3 to give a good start to next head coach.
Leaving best for last (IMO) is this is a Trips and Shotgun team. This give you opportunity to try something many of you haven't tried before. Most teams are Pro or I-Boring !
. I would try the Shotgun if I were you. It's a fun formation. (you don't have to carry even one rb which there is always lots of competition for).
Just breaking it down for you prospective coaches because I enjoy doing this. Not interested for myself; already have too many teams :)
4/12/2018 9:30 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Rockne D2 Job Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.