Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

No one should play him NC to make his schedule bad.
8/9/2017 3:33 PM
I have an open support ticket from 5/25 that WIS hasn't responded too... They aren't doing ****...
8/9/2017 4:06 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 8/9/2017 4:06:00 PM (view original):
I have an open support ticket from 5/25 that WIS hasn't responded too... They aren't doing ****...
Incorrect
They ARE doing shiit
8/9/2017 5:08 PM
ticket thread on why they are doing no more and still thinking about it:
7/10/2017 5:43 AM mamxet
please fix this - oi you dont it will destroy HD

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=502984
7/10/2017 11:34 AM Customer Support

We are aware of this issue and are reviewing it.

Thank you.
7/24/2017 10:22 AM mamxet
on the forum, Support said there would be an announcement when action was complete. threads deleted. no announcement

Will y'all say something about this?

Will you do anything to fix the rosters that resulted from the actions contrary to fair play?

if not, at least say to users that you decided to turn off the glitch but leave the effects as is. man up.
7/24/2017 9:20 PM Customer Support

This issue is still being reviewed and that is why there hasn't been a response.

At this point, it's unlikely that anything can be done to reverse any problems.

We can say with certainty that each player has a maximum potential for gains in each attribute, and that this glitch only allowed the players to reach their maximum potential faster. They were not making the players gain artificial gains and have higher attributes than what they would have over the course of a normal career.

Thanks.
7/24/2017 9:48 PM mamxet
It is obvious that there were things that COULD be done. The actions that could be taken would be imperfect solutions - but so is inaction.

If support has decided NOT to take any mitigating action, I would urge you to tell customers. As you continue to "review" you make it more and more difficult to take action.

Disappointing decision in my opinion, but I urge you to decide and inform customers.
7/25/2017 9:01 AM Customer Support

We understand your viewpoint here, but with this being a wide-spread issue (there were many coaches who have used this, and not just this season, but for the past few seasons), there is nothing that can be done to safely reverse the gains made.

And given that the gains were to happen over the course of the players career anyways we are, not happy with, but complacent that we can let this go, given that the original cause of the issue has been resolved. Trying to manually adjust such a large number of players across numerous teams in each world could cause us to put the game in an unstable state, with the possibility that we don't even catch every single instance. And we can't just single out one user, or a small sect of users, that may have used the glitch more than others. That would turn into a witch hunt, and we do not want to do that.

Thank you for your concern.
7/25/2017 9:05 AM mamxet
My personal view is that one could search for abberant WE increases - pick a number - which would catch those who used the glitch a lot.

BUT, if this is your conclusion, I urge you to announce it rather than letting users wonder.

No need to reply. Thanks for thoughtful answers, although I disagree.
7/25/2017 10:34 AM Customer Support

The reason we have not posted is because although we do not believe the attributes can be changed back, we are still reviewing the case.

Thanks.
8/9/2017 6:39 PM mamxet
The most famous example of this is now reportedly in the title game. Y'all have basically decided not to take further action. I urge you to man up and announce that - perhaps with the reasons that you dont want to try to reset/mitigate.

Way back in the forum threads, you said you would announce.
8/9/2017 6:43 PM
Posted by mamxet on 8/9/2017 6:43:00 PM (view original):
ticket thread on why they are doing no more and still thinking about it:
7/10/2017 5:43 AM mamxet
please fix this - oi you dont it will destroy HD

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=502984
7/10/2017 11:34 AM Customer Support

We are aware of this issue and are reviewing it.

Thank you.
7/24/2017 10:22 AM mamxet
on the forum, Support said there would be an announcement when action was complete. threads deleted. no announcement

Will y'all say something about this?

Will you do anything to fix the rosters that resulted from the actions contrary to fair play?

if not, at least say to users that you decided to turn off the glitch but leave the effects as is. man up.
7/24/2017 9:20 PM Customer Support

This issue is still being reviewed and that is why there hasn't been a response.

At this point, it's unlikely that anything can be done to reverse any problems.

We can say with certainty that each player has a maximum potential for gains in each attribute, and that this glitch only allowed the players to reach their maximum potential faster. They were not making the players gain artificial gains and have higher attributes than what they would have over the course of a normal career.

Thanks.
7/24/2017 9:48 PM mamxet
It is obvious that there were things that COULD be done. The actions that could be taken would be imperfect solutions - but so is inaction.

If support has decided NOT to take any mitigating action, I would urge you to tell customers. As you continue to "review" you make it more and more difficult to take action.

Disappointing decision in my opinion, but I urge you to decide and inform customers.
7/25/2017 9:01 AM Customer Support

We understand your viewpoint here, but with this being a wide-spread issue (there were many coaches who have used this, and not just this season, but for the past few seasons), there is nothing that can be done to safely reverse the gains made.

And given that the gains were to happen over the course of the players career anyways we are, not happy with, but complacent that we can let this go, given that the original cause of the issue has been resolved. Trying to manually adjust such a large number of players across numerous teams in each world could cause us to put the game in an unstable state, with the possibility that we don't even catch every single instance. And we can't just single out one user, or a small sect of users, that may have used the glitch more than others. That would turn into a witch hunt, and we do not want to do that.

Thank you for your concern.
7/25/2017 9:05 AM mamxet
My personal view is that one could search for abberant WE increases - pick a number - which would catch those who used the glitch a lot.

BUT, if this is your conclusion, I urge you to announce it rather than letting users wonder.

No need to reply. Thanks for thoughtful answers, although I disagree.
7/25/2017 10:34 AM Customer Support

The reason we have not posted is because although we do not believe the attributes can be changed back, we are still reviewing the case.

Thanks.
8/9/2017 6:39 PM mamxet
The most famous example of this is now reportedly in the title game. Y'all have basically decided not to take further action. I urge you to man up and announce that - perhaps with the reasons that you dont want to try to reset/mitigate.

Way back in the forum threads, you said you would announce.
Great job maxmet. Some unintended illogical thoughts on WIS part. A 19 WE won't develop all his attributes.. And a soph at 35 won't be ahead of the curve in developed stats like a 80 WE. It makes a huge difference.
8/9/2017 9:44 PM
I actually don't have a problem with CS's explanation. If CS determined this was a long-term problem involving lots of players and it couldn't be reversed in an equitable way, sometimes you just have to take the L and move forward.

That said, it would have been nice for CS to post that here like they said they would. There's still time for them to do that.

And wizard is still a cheat. If he wins the title tonight, it's a meaningless title.
8/9/2017 9:53 PM
There is something they can do. They can restrict everyone they know who actually used the glitch from post-season play. It's complete bullshit to say "with the possibility that we don't even catch every single instance".

What if the world worked that way?
Cops: "Well, we can't catch every speeder so it's better that we do nothing."
Soldiers: "Well, we can't kill every enemy of the US so it's better that we do nothing."
Congress: "Well, we can't solve all of America's problems so it's better that we do nothing." OK, bad example. 'cuz that's what they do but you get my point.

WifS ****** this up in every way possible. No question.
8/9/2017 9:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2017 9:57:00 PM (view original):
There is something they can do. They can restrict everyone they know who actually used the glitch from post-season play. It's complete bullshit to say "with the possibility that we don't even catch every single instance".

What if the world worked that way?
Cops: "Well, we can't catch every speeder so it's better that we do nothing."
Soldiers: "Well, we can't kill every enemy of the US so it's better that we do nothing."
Congress: "Well, we can't solve all of America's problems so it's better that we do nothing." OK, bad example. 'cuz that's what they do but you get my point.

WifS ****** this up in every way possible. No question.
I dunno man. Analogies tend to make for weak arguments, since different things are different.
8/9/2017 9:59 PM
Meh. Analogies aside, when you catch someone doing something wrong, you do something. You don't say "Can't catch everyone, nothing we can do."

Seriously, this affects me in no way at all. But, if they threw a 4 season post-season ban at thewiz, how much can he *****? How much sympathy would he get if he went public? Virtually everyone would say "STFU. YAY WIFS!!!"
8/9/2017 10:10 PM
Live look at wizard's pregame press conference:

8/9/2017 10:20 PM
To be fair, this is zorzii

8/9/2017 10:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
To be fair, this is zorzii

Perfect.
8/9/2017 10:26 PM
Posted by geneferrell on 8/9/2017 2:38:00 PM (view original):
thewizard17 has already been named National Coach of the Year!
Well, that's fair, they don't have a category for Cheat of the Year.
8/9/2017 10:40 PM
Just stopped in to wish WF bad luck.
8/9/2017 11:26 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/9/2017 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Live look at wizard's pregame press conference:

I think it's more like this:

8/9/2017 11:59 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.