Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Posted by thewizard17 on 8/10/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/10/2017 2:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 8/10/2017 2:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/10/2017 2:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 8/10/2017 2:17:00 AM (view original):
At least UCLA won! (Insert Nelson laugh here --->) HA HA!
Lady Karma doesn't like cheats I guess... now to plan for the 4peat!

and congrats on the D2 title Arfy.
I would say congrats except all you've done is ***** about it the whole time, not to mention you were the one that created this witch hunt.. Take your title and shove it up your ***.
You made your bed... now lie in it.

Nobody twisted your arm for you to do what you did, WIS didn't punish you for it either, so man up and take some responsibility.
It just seemed classless that after the NT game you would accuse of me of being a cheat. There was a reason I had responded the way I did. Did you expect me to congratulate you after that comment?
I think I speak for literally everyone else when I say that expectations are pretty low for you at this point.
8/11/2017 11:12 AM
It's funny that he cheated, and then gets all pissy about being accused of cheating.

It's also funny that he calls somebody else classless while telling them to take the NC they just won against him and "shove it up your ***".

He's a funny guy.
8/11/2017 11:53 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
One big difference between those two is that you could only repeatedly do *ONE* player redshirt per season (so while you could do it repeatedly until he took it without a WE dropout, you only gain that benefit on 1 player), thus the benefit is minimal.

This RS exploit allows it to do EVERY player on your roster (and in this case, he did it to the extreme which made it even worse).

Whether you call him an exploiter or whatever else, he obviously knew he was gaining a MASSIVE unfair advantage that was not an intended feature.

[Edit] A comparable analogy would be a player getting a cortisone shot and allowed to keep playing (it is a drug which allows player to tolerate pain better but doesn't enhance performance) versus a Performance Enhancing Drug which allows the building of muscle mass and being a *better* player than he could do naturally without any drugs. Those are likely viewed differently by governing bodies but some treat them the same I guess.
8/11/2017 2:54 PM (edited)
How would a brand new type of performance enhancement be viewed by people? Let's say something really out there like Bone Marrow replacement or gene alteration? Would those players in sports be viewed as "cheaters" if there are no rules against it?
8/11/2017 2:57 PM
I've argued that any type of surgery is an enhancement. Blew out an elbow in the 60s, that's it, you're done. Do it now and you may come back throwing harder. Lasik eye surgery. Eyes going bad? Lasik. Does that not enhance performance?

Anyway, 'roids help you work harder. Why do people hate hard workers?
8/11/2017 3:37 PM
Do you need a Speed Limit sign every mile when you drive? Every half mile? Every block? How close to each other do you need your No Littering signs? If they're 20 feet apart does that mean you can litter 10 feet from each sign?

Your answers to those questions reveal something about the state of your moral compass, or whether you even have one.
8/12/2017 12:33 AM
Justification has taken the place of morals.
8/12/2017 2:23 AM
WIS needs to fix this

Wake Forest will reap the benefits of the Prestige inflation.

The ACC is going to get a Very Good Conference Prestige Boost in recruiting, who knows if that would be the case absent Wake Forest cheating.

There are so many domino effects from this. Correct the issue WIS damnit.
8/12/2017 2:17 PM
aint happening - they seem to plan to just walk away - because there is no perfect total 100% fix

they have told us that MANY people used the glitch and it would be hard to find all - see quotes above in the thread. So they are just walking away from it, making no announcement and figuring that after a few seasons it will be forgotten.....weak response.
8/12/2017 2:37 PM
Posted by taylorn on 8/12/2017 2:17:00 PM (view original):
WIS needs to fix this

The ACC is going to get a Very Good Conference Prestige Boost in recruiting, who knows if that would be the case absent Wake Forest cheating.

If you bothered to read the Fair Play Guidelines, there was no cheating involved and WIS support confirmed that. It's no different than a team sitting outside the Top 10 considering list, collecting APs and hitting up a player with a bunch of home visits during the last cycle before signing. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it was cheating. Last point, how do you know we wouldn't have gotten to the championship game anyway? We had a pretty solid team coming back, even without the WE boost. Most of the seniors would have hit their peak anyway.
8/12/2017 2:49 PM (edited)
Posted by l80r20 on 8/12/2017 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Do you need a Speed Limit sign every mile when you drive? Every half mile? Every block? How close to each other do you need your No Littering signs? If they're 20 feet apart does that mean you can litter 10 feet from each sign?

Your answers to those questions reveal something about the state of your moral compass, or whether you even have one.
That was retarded.
8/12/2017 2:48 PM
Posted by taylorn on 8/12/2017 2:17:00 PM (view original):
WIS needs to fix this

Why did you schedule thewizard17 in nonconference next season? Was that before you knew about his cheating?

Same question to hawkfan1992, if he's around.
8/12/2017 3:03 PM
LOL...and thewizard just joined the only world I coach in.

Forgive me for not assuming the best about your motives dude.
8/12/2017 3:23 PM
I'm officially retiring from the forums, then you can talk about what an evil person I am behind my back. . Everyone has an opinion. I don't see anything to be gained here. To be honest, not saying everyone that posts here falls into this category, but it's hard to sort out the good posts from the rubbish.
8/12/2017 3:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.