Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Posted by thewizard17 on 8/12/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I'm officially retiring from the forums, then you can talk about what an evil person I am behind my back. . Everyone has an opinion. I don't see anything to be gained here. To be honest, not saying everyone that posts here falls into this category, but it's hard to sort out the good posts from the rubbish.
The Cal conference coaches are good guys, and they deserve fair and honest competition. I'm confident you can provide that. Good luck in Tarkanian.
8/12/2017 3:32 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 8/12/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taylorn on 8/12/2017 2:17:00 PM (view original):
WIS needs to fix this

Wake Forest will reap the benefits of the Prestige inflation.

The ACC is going to get a Very Good Conference Prestige Boost in recruiting, who knows if that would be the case absent Wake Forest cheating.

There are so many domino effects from this. Correct the issue WIS damnit.
If you bothered to read the Fair Play Guidelines, there was no cheating involved and WIS support confirmed that. It's no different than a team sitting outside the Top 10 considering list, collecting APs and hitting up a player with a bunch of home visits during the last cycle before signing. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it was cheating. Last point, how do you know we wouldn't have gotten to the championship game anyway? We had a pretty solid team coming back, even without the WE boost. Most of the seniors would have hit their peak anyway.
WIS support confirmed that exploiting the glitch was contrary to the fair play guidelines, they stopped it and they have said that they cant go back and fix it because too many people did it.

"cheating" is a red herring and a distraction
8/12/2017 4:05 PM
I thought they said it WASN'T against fair play guidelines because it was a their error.
8/12/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 8/12/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taylorn on 8/12/2017 2:17:00 PM (view original):
WIS needs to fix this

Wake Forest will reap the benefits of the Prestige inflation.

The ACC is going to get a Very Good Conference Prestige Boost in recruiting, who knows if that would be the case absent Wake Forest cheating.

There are so many domino effects from this. Correct the issue WIS damnit.
If you bothered to read the Fair Play Guidelines, there was no cheating involved and WIS support confirmed that. It's no different than a team sitting outside the Top 10 considering list, collecting APs and hitting up a player with a bunch of home visits during the last cycle before signing. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it was cheating. Last point, how do you know we wouldn't have gotten to the championship game anyway? We had a pretty solid team coming back, even without the WE boost. Most of the seniors would have hit their peak anyway.
It's a lot different. Quit justifying your cheating.
8/12/2017 4:21 PM
Guys, don't forget that wizard is the victim in all this. That's right. Just because he cheated his *** off everybody is being cruel and calling him, well, they're calling him a "cheater." Poor little fella, everybody is giving him a bad time just because he cheated and seems proud of it. Hasn't the poor little fella been victimized enough? Do you all have to keep reminding him that he cheated and got exposed and made a total *** of himself in the forums? C'mon, have some mercy for the cheater.
8/13/2017 1:05 AM
Holy hell. So now Wizard is saying he wasn't cheating whatsoever. I dont think his style has a place on Whatifsports.
8/13/2017 11:32 AM
Posted by taylorn on 8/13/2017 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Holy hell. So now Wizard is saying he wasn't cheating whatsoever. I dont think his style has a place on Whatifsports.
He's said it wasn't cheating from day 1. He admitted that it was unsportsmanlike or w/e but he didn't consider it cheating.
8/13/2017 11:34 AM
He never thought it was cheating.
8/13/2017 1:15 PM
He obviously never thought it was cheating. He was pretty proud that he poured 5ish hours into it. Nor did he expect any backlash.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't cheating.
8/13/2017 3:28 PM
it was an abuse of the system - of the sort that the rules of fair play authorize WIS to remedy

whether or not it was "cheating" isnt especially important from my perspective
8/13/2017 4:26 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/13/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):
it was an abuse of the system - of the sort that the rules of fair play authorize WIS to remedy

I don't think it was "cheating" as defined by WIS, but I agree that isn't the real issue anymore (if it ever was). The real issue here is that WIS has totally screwed up the resolution, and perhaps more importantly, the communications about the resolution. While I'm sure a lot of folks are having a lot of fun trash-talking wizard -- and he's not helping his own cause here -- WIS' handling of this situation has been a botch from almost day 1. They, not wizard, should be catching the flak.
8/13/2017 8:28 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 8/13/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 8/13/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):

I don't think it was "cheating" as defined by WIS, but I agree that isn't the real issue anymore (if it ever was). The real issue here is that WIS has totally screwed up the resolution, and perhaps more importantly, the communications about the resolution. While I'm sure a lot of folks are having a lot of fun trash-talking wizard -- and he's not helping his own cause here -- WIS' handling of this situation has been a botch from almost day 1. They, not wizard, should be catching the flak.
But wizard is here to catch it. WIS isn't. /snark
8/13/2017 9:23 PM
**** I just spent $100 on 10 seasons before I read this thread. Jokes on me, WIS doesn't give a **** about enhancements or their paying customers. Why am I playing so much for this game when I know, CS that obviously doesn't care about SUPPORTING their users. If my next recruiting class wasn't going to be stellar, I'd be asking for a refund and never coming back to this poorly supported application.
8/13/2017 10:15 PM
To be fair, it only hurts one world or, more specifically, one conference. And no one in that conference dropped their team.
8/14/2017 8:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/14/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
To be fair, it only hurts one world or, more specifically, one conference. And no one in that conference dropped their team.
It hurts the entire world. Think about it.
8/14/2017 8:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.