I know. One of the least important categories, and I usually pay no attention to it, but I'm really interested in a Div I prospect that has a Durablity of RED 11.

How often do you think he will be out?
8/9/2017 2:09 PM
I've never really had issues with extremely low durability. It does seem like there are more injuries in 3.0, but not so many that I'm even remotely concerned with durability. I haven't had an injury in probably three or four seasons.
8/9/2017 2:14 PM
I had a guy with DU 1 that never got hurt
8/9/2017 3:33 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/9/2017 3:33:00 PM (view original):
haven't had one this low but this is sad. Basically it shouldn't exist. If they remove durability it wouldn't change the game at all... I feel if someone has a 1 durability they should be hurt at least 1-2 times a season. Maybe even a lingering injury that hinders them throughout college like a high ankle sprain or knee issues.
8/9/2017 4:07 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 8/9/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/9/2017 3:33:00 PM (view original):
haven't had one this low but this is sad. Basically it shouldn't exist. If they remove durability it wouldn't change the game at all... I feel if someone has a 1 durability they should be hurt at least 1-2 times a season. Maybe even a lingering injury that hinders them throughout college like a high ankle sprain or knee issues.
I'm definitely not disagreeing with you. But of all the changes I wish WIS would make, durability is far down the list.
8/9/2017 4:19 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 8/9/2017 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I know. One of the least important categories, and I usually pay no attention to it, but I'm really interested in a Div I prospect that has a Durablity of RED 11.

How often do you think he will be out?
I've had players with single-digit Dur's, including a Dur of 1 that I expected to break a leg tripping over the lines on the basketball court. He was a 3-year starter and ended up as the No. 4 scorer in school history, never missed a minute due to injury.

IF he gets out, he will recover slowly, possibly only 3 points/game as opposed to the normal 5, but that would require your team to incur an injury (a rare event) and then for the odds to assign the injury to that player (which would be more likely, due to the lower Dur) and then for the injury to be selected as a significant one (again, elevated by the low DUR, but by no means assured)
8/9/2017 4:54 PM (edited)
Ive had one injury last longer than I felt it should have, he was out like 8 games. This was due to his low durability I am guessing, which was at 29. This same player also had a minor injury that kept him around 85-95% for a few games so I had to rest him and then he popped back up to 100%.

Bottom line, I still really dont pay attention to Durability
8/9/2017 5:34 PM
at 11 he will take a long time to recover - like adding maybe 4 or 5 percent to health per game. That can lead to him being in effective for a long time if he gets an injury that takes him down to 40 percent
8/10/2017 5:33 AM
pretty pointless attribute indeed. i would never make a recruiting decision based on durability since the odds of him ever getting injured are small.
8/10/2017 9:19 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.