Speed at the low post Topic

For one of my D3 teams, I have an opportunity to recruit a potentially very good player, other than for his speed. It is currently 8 & yellow. Typically, I like my low post guys to at least have the potential to reach 30. But I'll take guys that will never get beyond the low to mid 20's, if their core attributes are good enough.

So my question is this: How low of a speed rating is too low to consider recruiting a low post player for a D3 team? Also, any insight on just how much speed can affect low post play would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
8/9/2017 4:32 PM
What O/D do you run?
8/9/2017 4:42 PM
triangle/full court press
8/9/2017 5:02 PM
From what I've heard others say who run fastbreak or press, it could have an impact if you're running either of those offenses or defenses, but since I've never run either of those sets, I can't really say. Otherwise, it's always better to have more speed, but, aside from any O/D-specific issues, you definitely shouldn't let a low speed prevent you from signing an otherwise good LP player at DIII, or DII for that matter.
8/9/2017 5:04 PM
I've had very successful C's with sub 10 speed at D3 running press. I would say 2.5 point of speed is probably worth around 1 point of ATH.

To put another way I would rather have the 80 ATH 10 SPD guy than 70 ATH 35 SPD guy with all other things being equal.
8/9/2017 5:07 PM
I had this guy with a FB/Press team and he did pretty good.

I don't love guys with super low speed but if his other core ratings are elite, I'll take it.
8/9/2017 6:32 PM
Benis, if he ended up like Stoll, I'd be very happy.

Thanks for the input, guys! If I end up signing him, maybe I'll post an update in a few season saying how well/bad he does.
8/10/2017 1:01 AM
Speed at the low post Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.