What drives me nuts about this game Topic

And college bball in general. 95% of your season depends on the tournament. Team would easily take an 11 seed and sweet 16 berth over a 2 seed losing in the second round.
8/11/2017 9:13 AM
I guess I don't see a problem with that. In any sport that has a playoffs, having a spectacular regular season is meaningless if you don't make a deep postseason run. What is the point of the LA Dodgers season if they lose in the Divisional Round?
8/11/2017 9:56 AM
That's kinda my point. Playoffs are such a crapshoot.
8/11/2017 10:04 AM
That's why March Madness captures two weeks of audience better than the other sports. To see that 13 upset the 4. Or the magical run of that 11 into the 2nd week.
8/11/2017 10:10 AM
Ik. NBA basketball is the worst. No one gives a crap about the regular season.
8/11/2017 10:35 AM
So in other words, it drives you nuts, but that's why we love it, right? ;)
8/11/2017 10:44 AM
Exactly. It's still stupid. I don't blame any of these teams for resting their players. NFL is the best league because teams are playing for byes and Home field advantage.
8/11/2017 10:47 AM
CFB isn't exactly a "league" but it's the best. Every game is a must win and almost all of the players know their careers in football will end soon. Max effort.
8/11/2017 10:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/11/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
CFB isn't exactly a "league" but it's the best. Every game is a must win and almost all of the players know their careers in football will end soon. Max effort.
Well, every game is a must win unless you are a super blue chip program. Alabama would probably make the playoffs even with a loss...or two. I do agree that college football values the regular season the most.
8/11/2017 11:52 AM
I agree that Alabama would almost have to try to get left out but, if they lost to 2 loss Auburn in the Iron Bowl then lost 3 loss Florida in the SEC championship, there's pretty much no way they get in unless some other conference equally stepped on their on dicks.
8/11/2017 11:56 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/11/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Well, every game is a must win for teams in the major conferences...sort of.

Ohio State/Alabama/Oregon/etc could lose a game or two early and recover to make the playoffs.

Fresno State/Tulsa/Marshall/etc could win every game and not even get a sniff of the playoffs.
8/11/2017 12:01 PM
NCAA basketball is more interesting than the NBA because the new era of players have low willpower, they want things handed to them. Most weak : Kevin Durant, Gordon Hayward. Most whiny : Lebron James. Pleasant surprises : John Wall, Blake Griffin, James Harden, DeMar Derozan.

To some, fans don't exist. I pity myself and I don't care if a whole city is left without a good team to root for, to identify with.
8/11/2017 12:04 PM
I'm a huge Bucks and Hornets fan. I hope Giannis and Kemba stay.
8/11/2017 2:34 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/11/2017 2:34:00 PM (view original):
I'm a huge Bucks and Hornets fan. I hope Giannis and Kemba stay.
They need to change that free agency stuff. It's killing the competitiveness of the league. Players want to create super teams. GMS, owners have no say really other than hoping it falls perfectly. Fans in cities where they are let down pay the price.
8/11/2017 2:50 PM
I've always been a bigger college sports fan than pro, even before the current NBA super team era.There's something about the passion and pageantry of college athletics that I love. And I'm glued to my TV every March.

I can see Cub's point, getting back on track. Upsets are fun for everyone except the favorites.
8/11/2017 3:23 PM
12 Next ▸
What drives me nuts about this game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.