Why Does This Team Outrebound its Opponents?!?!? Topic

I know it's not a wide margin, but I guess I feel like this team shouldn't come close to winning the rebound battle in any game/matchup...

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=489474
8/12/2017 2:35 PM
It's because they don't miss many shots, so there are much less defensive rebounds available for the other team.
8/12/2017 2:57 PM
It's still a really ****** rebounding team...plus the AST boost is ******* insane. It's the success of a team like this that makes me say, I don't need to play this sim anymore.
8/12/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 8/12/2017 2:57:00 PM (view original):
It's because they don't miss many shots, so there are much less defensive rebounds available for the other team.
Correct.
8/12/2017 4:40 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/12/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
It's still a really ****** rebounding team...plus the AST boost is ******* insane. It's the success of a team like this that makes me say, I don't need to play this sim anymore.
This has been known for many years.
8/12/2017 4:41 PM
you can see their rebounding inferiority expressed in the number of offensive rebounds they allow
8/12/2017 5:33 PM
Anyone else think that the AST boost is insane/ridiculous?
8/12/2017 10:35 PM
Thanks Ash, I fixed the topic title. With that said I just skimmed your link...does it address whether the AST boost is reasonable or not? It works I get it...but should it? Or that well at least? It seems to circumvent Usage% and FGA as well. I'm not as seasoned as you guys are, thus I'm reaching out. The assist boost seems outrageous.
8/13/2017 11:25 PM
You still need appropriate usage.

No, it's not reasonable, but LOL getting anything fixed around here. There should be a boost - a pretty significant one - but what's there is just LOL
8/14/2017 3:52 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/12/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I know it's not a wide margin, but I guess I feel like this team shouldn't come close to winning the rebound battle in any game/matchup...

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=489474
Because math? They are actually a slightly below average (compared to WIS performance averages) DREB% team at 64.5% and an extremely subpar OREB% team at 18.9% . There are just so many less Opp DREB% and Tm OREB% opportunities. I am seeing it for a team I built as my first time fooling around with a State Farm team as well.
8/19/2017 7:46 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/13/2017 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Ash, I fixed the topic title. With that said I just skimmed your link...does it address whether the AST boost is reasonable or not? It works I get it...but should it? Or that well at least? It seems to circumvent Usage% and FGA as well. I'm not as seasoned as you guys are, thus I'm reaching out. The assist boost seems outrageous.
Yes it is outrageous. But fix it and there will be some other exploit. There is always a new one waiting to be found.
8/19/2017 7:49 PM
The old school block exploit where everyone had multiple Manute Bol's in OLs was the best one. It was right when I was getting out of the Army, so like 2007?
8/19/2017 8:09 PM
Why Does This Team Outrebound its Opponents?!?!? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.