pete_61 In Camp. What a DYNASTY ! Topic

That is not an easy World. There are a decent amount of live coaches there. And pete_61 wins the NC almost every year. His Average player is around 660.
As one who has his own fair share of NC's , I am impressed as hell at Pete's "Continuous" Success !
D2 by the way.
Way to go Pete !
8/12/2017 3:09 PM
Congrats Pete.

I won my second in a row at the same time at Hofstra. Nothing close to what you accomplished, though.
8/12/2017 4:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Great Job pete!!! Not only are you a great coach, but a "Class Act" as well!!!
8/12/2017 6:46 PM

congrats 3 championships in 10 years after 2500 games, care to share any secrets?

When you have to hide behind a fake screen name when you insult people.

Because you're afraid someone won't like you if you use your real screen name?
Or maybe because you're afraid someone will track you down and beat you up (using only your real screen name as identification)?

Or maybe because you're just a nasty piece of **** that no one likes and no one will care when you die and you can't face the truth of your own pestilence existence.
8/12/2017 7:48 PM
Posted by albright73 on 8/12/2017 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Great Job pete!!! Not only are you a great coach, but a "Class Act" as well!!!
+1
8/12/2017 8:18 PM
That's incredible. So, Pete only recruits defensive players every other year? I've never seen that approach. Interesting.
8/13/2017 6:22 PM
Congrats Pete! I'm comin for that #1 spot! :)
8/18/2017 11:50 PM
Pete is the man!!!
8/19/2017 2:48 AM
This is the first time I've been on the forum since Spring and I just came in to check out the news on WIS changing hands. I certainly didn't expect to see my name in the topics lol, it feels kind of weird. Camp World was where I started my career many moons ago, and Hillsdale was one of my first, and has been my longest running experiment. What I'm doing with my roster there I don't think you could pull off at any higher level, but I've never tried so it could be possible. I have been somewhat shocked that so few others have tried to copy this proven system and philosophy of play. Mojolad, I'm not sure whether to thank you or punch you in the nose lol, but I do appreciate all of the kind comments.

Bigpoppa you are a great competitor, there is no doubt in my mind that you are going to give me a lot of trouble ;)
8/22/2017 6:42 AM
Just meant it as a compliment Pete . Your record, however you do it, is "stellar" !
8/22/2017 9:57 AM
Posted by mojolad on 8/22/2017 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Just meant it as a compliment Pete . Your record, however you do it, is "stellar" !
I know man and I appreciate it, I just wasn't expecting to see something about me is all.
8/22/2017 11:35 AM
Excellent work Pete. I dig the fact that you practice all formations and recruit defense every other season. I like to also use outside the box, team building, to create a dynasty.
8/27/2017 2:49 PM
The goal of this roster experiment was to win a championship every other season by insuring that the starting players at every position were all Seniors or a redshirt Junior. It worked out nearly to perfection during my first stay at Hillsdale, then seeing that it would be extremely hard to run at the higher levels I ended the experiment and moved on. After a few seasons of conducting experiments in other worlds I started missing Hillsdale, to my surprise the job just happened to open up when I went to check and see how they were doing, so I took them back. What you see there now is the same strategy that I started previously, plus all of the new things I learned about game planning from those off seasons doing experiments at other schools. Hillsdale has far exceeded my original expectations!
8/27/2017 11:56 PM

Things that set Pete apart, just from looking briefly at Hillsdale. Some of these I have never seen anyone do.
  • Never let any player ever fall below 90% on the field.
  • Practice every single formation, even those he doesn't use.
  • The formations that he does use, he don't invest too many minutes into them. Mid range numbers appear to be fine.
  • Every player has mid-range to high GI and ATH numbers.
  • And every player's ELU numbers are HIGH.
  • Unlike some coaches, he don't put any particular emphasis on HND for DBs. Mid range numbers, even for Seniors.
  • Nor does he put too much effort into improving anyone's TEQ. Mid-range numbers.
Will be able to tell more once the regular season starts.
8/28/2017 12:22 AM
12 Next ▸
pete_61 In Camp. What a DYNASTY ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.