Does Slowdown/2-3 Zone just crap up the sim engine? In the second round of the NT, I scored 60 points against a team with average DE 54!!!!! I know that my team doesn't shoot that well but we took 10 threes. Next, that team plays another good team, probably on par with mine, and the poor team shoots only 7 free throws against the worst defensive DII Sweet 16 team I've ever seen. According to my spreadsheet, the 54 defense team had a 54% chance to win 1R, 14% chance to win 2R and 16% chance to win 3rd round. I made a mistake by playing uptempo against this team according to a really good vet but still.

And I played Slowdown/2-3 zone my first year at Weber St. My team was pretty bad and we played insane LSU. My sheet have me -45 or about a 5% chance to win but we held them to 60 points and won by a ton. Later that year, we won two sub 30% games in the PI using that same strat. I'm not saying that playing 2/3 zone/Slowdown works every time but it seems to turn the variability in the sim engine way up.
8/12/2017 6:52 PM
Broken spreadsheet?
8/12/2017 6:59 PM
No sir. I've tested. Even my points estimate usually works for the 2-3 zone/Slowdown. Just the winning percentage is waaaaay off. Waaaaay off.
8/12/2017 7:26 PM
I'll disagree. I've been working SS for HBD for 10+ years. I use different ones for different parks and there is ALWAYS an anomaly. Always.
8/12/2017 7:33 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.