Extreme ball parks Topic

Anyone ever have any success with teams that play in extreme ball parks? I'm playing as Tacoma in my world but is -4 across the board. I'm wondering if that has any factor in a lack luster performance from my team this season or any of all my seasons. I noticed my home record is horrible while I'm playing above .500 on the road..
8/12/2017 10:54 PM
I have one team in Portland and one in Seattle. It cuts down your offensive numbers, but helps your pitchers out. Also does the same for your opponents. I try to draft for defense to help the pitchers out even more. Reason I went with these parks is that I had two teams with mediocre/poor hitters and good pitching staffs. I tried a few seasons in Wrigley and it did help the hitters but the pitchers got lit up. I'd rather try to win lower scoring games than not be able to compete in slugfests.
So if your team is a poor fit for your stadium, might be something you want to look at changing.

8/12/2017 11:30 PM
I thought my pitching was good with a good defense behind them, but have one of the worse ERA in my league. My top pitcher has been getting killed just about every outing. My bullpen is horrendous which I thought they would be decent at least. I don't know. I'm still not getting this game.
8/12/2017 11:53 PM
You're 32 games in. I wouldn't panic. You're also in a merged league. Pretty good chance that there are some BEAST teams in there.
8/13/2017 7:22 AM
Roster looks pretty good. Agreed with Mike, you may have just had a bad stretch to open up the season. Also depends on schedule, and yes, a merged world is a factor.

8/13/2017 8:28 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ok thanks guys. I'm still considering moving to more of a neutral ball park next season though.
8/14/2017 7:54 PM
Extreme ball parks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.