$52 Million General Commentary Topic

I'm kind of underwhelmed by my own picks so far. Many seasons ago snagging Stockton in the bottom of the first round would have been huge. Then adding Gilmore in the second round would have been a real steal. Maybe this team will get exciting later on.
8/13/2017 11:52 PM
Magic and Draymond
8/13/2017 11:53 PM
CP3 and the Mailman
8/14/2017 9:46 AM
I was dreaming about a Garnett/Gobert pairing...until ltb snatched Gobert away. I think you can make a case for 16-17 Gobert as a late 1st rounder, he's basically the same as Deandre Jordan's best season.

I was too heartbroken to pick after that, so I decided to trade down.
8/14/2017 2:18 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/14/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
I was dreaming about a Garnett/Gobert pairing...until ltb snatched Gobert away. I think you can make a case for 16-17 Gobert as a late 1st rounder, he's basically the same as Deandre Jordan's best season.

I was too heartbroken to pick after that, so I decided to trade down.
Good trade for both of us, I think.
8/14/2017 2:59 PM
Wade and Gobert is a scary combo.

8/14/2017 5:50 PM
Soo I was excited to pick Elton Brand because I love using him in the sim but when Hakeem was picked after that I was kicking myself
8/15/2017 8:14 AM
Posted by pointfwd on 8/14/2017 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Wade and Gobert is a scary combo.

Plenty of guys I considered taking over Gobert, but I figured someone like him (a rebounding, defensive big man without acute negatives) was not going to fall to me in the next round. Let's see if I can do better with Wade this time than I did a few seasons ago.
8/15/2017 9:55 AM
Should I have taken Gobert over Ben? Gave it serious thought.
8/15/2017 11:11 AM
Posted by mikee1 on 8/15/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Should I have taken Gobert over Ben? Gave it serious thought.
I think Gobert, DeAndre and Big Ben are virtually interchangeable. They're close enough in rebounding and defense that I could argue they should be ranked by efg%, but ideally none of them should be taking many shots for their teams.
8/15/2017 11:40 AM
I think I would take Gobert over Ben (one of my all-time favorite SIM players) in a $52 mil. I think I'd take Ben first in a lower cap, though.

8/15/2017 1:15 PM
By the way, I was wondering whether someone would try the great 16-17 Westbrook Experiment. It appears dh is taking up the mantle. I kicked around a few ways to make it work, and it was always tricky to get the usages right (tough to find an ideal backup for Russ, since he can only play PG at 100% and I don't think you want to hurt his efficiency any more). Surrounding him with plenty of assists, high efg%, and oreb% is the way to go, and Rodman is a great start at that. Thanks to the tremendous rebounding edge he has from Rodman (especially if played at the 3) and Russ, dh can now consider some high-efficiency big men who would normally be off limits in this league due to weak defensive rebounding. I have some thoughts on good fits, but we'll see where he goes.

The question will be, can a team built around a usage monster with such a low efg% succeed at this cap? There's no doubt in my mind it can work at a lower cap, but taking such a massive efficiency hit may be too much to overcome in this league. dh will have to hope Russ gets to the free throw line a ton, so he can offset that ghastly fg% with his great ft shooting.

I think I would have waited another round to take Russ and grabbed another elite support player here, but we'll see how it works out.
8/15/2017 1:21 PM
If a previous owner couldn't make Westbrook work with both Rodman and Dwight Howard a few seasons back that is all of the info that I need to stay away frm drafting him.
8/15/2017 2:00 PM
you need like Rodman/Moses/Deandre level offensive rebounding in support
8/15/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by vancem on 8/15/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
If a previous owner couldn't make Westbrook work with both Rodman and Dwight Howard a few seasons back that is all of the info that I need to stay away frm drafting him.
That wasn't 16-17 Westbrook though.
8/15/2017 3:19 PM
123456 Next ▸
$52 Million General Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.