2017 playoff eliminator Topic

So, this could turn out to be pretty interesting. Let's assume Bama and Clemson win their conferences. Oklahoma looks like the best team running right now but, then again, they're playing bad defenses. Nonetheless, they'll finish the season with bad defenses so let's put them in as well.

Now you've got 2 loss OSU vs undefeated Wisconsin in the B10.
2 loss WSU vs 2 loss USC in the P12.
And 2 loss ND.

ND, with no conference to win, is out.

Down to B10/P12. Let's assume OSU and USC win(I think they're the better teams). Who gets in? Obviously, despite the nonsensical "Could they leave out undefeated WI?", WI is in if they win. But I just don't think they beat OSU. Could it possibly come down to how much they win by/how they look in the CC? Or would the committee start looking at "bad losses/good wins"?
11/12/2017 6:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2017 6:30:00 PM (view original):
So, this could turn out to be pretty interesting. Let's assume Bama and Clemson win their conferences. Oklahoma looks like the best team running right now but, then again, they're playing bad defenses. Nonetheless, they'll finish the season with bad defenses so let's put them in as well.

And 2 loss ND.

Down to B10/P12. Let's assume OSU and USC win(I think they're the better teams). Who gets in? Obviously, despite the nonsensical "Could they leave out undefeated WI?", WI is in if they win. But I just don't think they beat OSU. Could it possibly come down to how much they win by/how they look in the CC? Or would the committee start looking at "bad losses/good wins"?
So now you're tossing-out "what ifs" for ways a 1-loss Wisconsin gets left-out in favor of 2-loss teams, yet you kept blowing-off the possibility of an undefeated Wisconsin missing-out because of 1-loss teams. You really must love to see your own posts. Maybe you should make a few more.
11/12/2017 6:42 PM
Posted by all3 on 11/12/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2017 6:30:00 PM (view original):

And 2 loss ND.

So now you're tossing-out "what ifs" for ways a 1-loss Wisconsin gets left-out in favor of 2-loss teams, yet you kept blowing-off the possibility of an undefeated Wisconsin missing-out because of 1-loss teams. You really must love to see your own posts. Maybe you should make a few more.
I was bored so, against my better judgement, I unblocked you for a moment. I wanted to see if you had any insight. Nope, you're still dumber than a box of rocks. And the box of rocks are insulted by the comparison.

Do you understand the difference between a 1 loss non-conference champ and an undefeated conference champ? I would think you do but, after reading your post, you obviously do not. Go sit at the kiddie table. Adults are trying to talk football.
11/12/2017 6:52 PM
You've been answering every single post of mine in this entire thread, so you lose all credibility with your 1st comment. It proves once again that you are the 100% *ss that everyone always posts you are. I'm sure you'll run-off to try to pick a fight with b_l now, to try to make yourself feel better. You should, since your record in this thread alone shows how little one certain (so-called) adult knows about football.

11/12/2017 7:39 PM
while I never really buy into anyone saying, 'I have you blocked', what did Mike say here that was wrong (besides game predictions)

he said no undefeated conference champion would be left out this season....when he said it, there were very limited options for the number of teams that could actually accomplish that feat

you think if Alabama, Miami, and Wisconsin win out that any of them will be out of the playoffs?
11/13/2017 2:11 AM
Trust me, my blocked list is pretty long and I seldom "Show" their posts. It takes a lot to get blocked and I usually do it to avoid chasing them down the Dumbass hole. It's for my own good.

But people have been quoting all3 and he responded quickly. I thought he might have something to say that wasn't the dumbest thing he's ever posted. I was wrong.
11/13/2017 6:58 AM
Mike loves to brag about everyone he has blocked. It's some kind of power kick for him. He does it to lots of people in lots of threads. It's a small part of why so many people think he's a giant jack*ss.

Mike's predictions were so far off they show plenty about his "knowledge". Also, at the time he first said no undefeated Conference Champ would be left out, there was a great change.

I think debating the "what ifs" is fun, but just as with so many other topics, if Mike doesn't agree with you, he simply tries to bully and/or belittle you. He has certain patsies who fall for his power-trip, but most of us treat him just as he deserves. I wish I truly would be blocked so he'd stop posting replies.
11/13/2017 8:30 AM
If in any way that implies I am a patsie, please suck a nut....if not, carry on
11/13/2017 9:01 AM (edited)
FWIW, I don't even have to read all3's post to know what it says. You didn't immediately say "MikeT23 is the worst human on earth" therefore you are one of my sycophants. It's a ploy those stupid enough to be blocked use in hopes of deterring anyone from agreeing with me. Because, you know, they're dumb and usually wrong.

Like legitimately asking if an undefeated conference champ would left out of the CFB.
11/13/2017 8:56 AM
Mike, I'm curious why you think Ohio State is a better team than Wisconsin. Also, I'm almost positive the PAC12 will not be in the playoffs.
11/13/2017 11:10 AM
Tecwig is a true Miketitty *** kisser
11/13/2017 11:35 AM
Prior to the Iowa game, WI hadn't played anyone that could beat a mid-level SEC team. I didn't see any of it so maybe I'd have a different opinion if I did. Maybe I'll change my mind after Michigan but, right now, OSU seems like the class of the B10. Even though they can lay an egg.
11/13/2017 11:39 AM
Posted by edsortails on 11/13/2017 9:01:00 AM (view original):
If in any way that implies I am a patsie, please suck a nut....if not, carry on
If you need to ask, you're not one of Mike's patsies. They know exactly who they are, and how Mike loves to abuse them. They seem to enjoy it, and even ask for more.

I can still make a "what if" argument for Wisconsin to be left-out. If Oklahoma, Clemson/Miami, Alabama and Georgia all end-up with 1 loss or less, is Wisconsin really a given to be in? We certainly wouldn't say that an undefeated UCF is a given, so why Wisconsin? Their best win would be over a 3-loss Ohio State team. Which of the 4 others gets left-out? Alabama, since it wouldn't win it's Conference? Oklahoma, since it lost to that same Ohio State team?

Yes, it's all hypothetical, but why not debate - especially now that we know Mike won't be reading my posts (yeah, right).
11/13/2017 12:12 PM
It's a little early to assume Wisconsin is undefeated going into the conference title game.
11/13/2017 12:31 PM
It really is amazing that Ohio State has a legitimate path to the playoffs after the Iowa game but they clearly have a good shot if they go unbeaten the rest of the way. And if the team that played Michigan State is the one in the playoffs they would have a real shot at winning the whole damn thing.
11/13/2017 12:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...46 Next ▸
2017 playoff eliminator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.