2017 playoff eliminator Topic

I think a 2 loss conference champ getting in could force Notre Dame's hand. If they were to win out, and USC/OSU gets in, they could make a case. They would lose as they don't have that Conference Championship banner to flaunt but it would be a legit case.

I also think College Football would love USC in.
11/13/2017 2:21 PM
Posted by all3 on 11/13/2017 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 11/13/2017 9:01:00 AM (view original):
If in any way that implies I am a patsie, please suck a nut....if not, carry on
If you need to ask, you're not one of Mike's patsies. They know exactly who they are, and how Mike loves to abuse them. They seem to enjoy it, and even ask for more.

I can still make a "what if" argument for Wisconsin to be left-out. If Oklahoma, Clemson/Miami, Alabama and Georgia all end-up with 1 loss or less, is Wisconsin really a given to be in? We certainly wouldn't say that an undefeated UCF is a given, so why Wisconsin? Their best win would be over a 3-loss Ohio State team. Which of the 4 others gets left-out? Alabama, since it wouldn't win it's Conference? Oklahoma, since it lost to that same Ohio State team?

Yes, it's all hypothetical, but why not debate - especially now that we know Mike won't be reading my posts (yeah, right).
Except OU didn't lose to Ohio State.
11/13/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by edsortails on 11/13/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
If you need to ask, you're not one of Mike's patsies. They know exactly who they are, and how Mike loves to abuse them. They seem to enjoy it, and even ask for more.

I can still make a "what if" argument for Wisconsin to be left-out. If Oklahoma, Clemson/Miami, Alabama and Georgia all end-up with 1 loss or less, is Wisconsin really a given to be in? We certainly wouldn't say that an undefeated UCF is a given, so why Wisconsin? Their best win would be over a 3-loss Ohio State team. Which of the 4 others gets left-out? Alabama, since it wouldn't win it's Conference? Oklahoma, since it lost to that same Ohio State team?

Yes, it's all hypothetical, but why not debate - especially now that we know Mike won't be reading my posts (yeah, right).
DUH! Forgot OSU won that game. Ok, is OK out because they lost to Iowa State?
Which of the other 4 gets left-out?
11/13/2017 4:09 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of all3's dumbassery.

An undefeated conference champ will not be left out. End of debate.
11/13/2017 4:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):

Don't let facts get in the way of all3's dumbassery.

An undefeated conference champ will not be left out. End of debate.
Unlike some people, I will freely admit when I make a mistake. (As I already did above, before some jack* ss tried to play Lord and Master again.) Also unlike some people, I don't claim to have a crystal ball to 100% accurately predict what other people will do if given a certain situation in the future. That's why the "what if".

Hey Mike, since I know you're reading this, I thought it was end of discussion for you 5 days ago. Why you still posting here? Destroying you is just so darn easy.
11/13/2017 5:06 PM

Do you seriously not understand the difference between an unbeaten UCF and an unbeaten B1G champ?
11/13/2017 6:46 PM
The point you're trying so desperately to take out of context is that given UCF's schedule, nobody is claiming they belong in the Playoff and that Wisconsin's schedule, other than the Conference Championship game, doesn't really provide much for people to be claiming they belong either. The Committee has repeatedly said Conference has zero bearing on rankings, and has been pretty consistent with that. So again, given an undefeated Wisconsin, 1-loss Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma, and either an undefeated Miami or a 1-loss Miami, who gets left out? Every one of those other 5 teams will have several "better" wins than Wisconsin. Heck, just watched an ESPN show where they were mentioning Auburn in and Wisconsin out, so my "what if" seems far from extreme.
11/13/2017 7:04 PM
If Auburn wins out, they are in.
11/13/2017 7:57 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/13/2017 7:57:00 PM (view original):
If Auburn wins out, they are in.
Agreed. Could very well be:

Clemson/Miami winner
1 loss Oklahoma
2 loss Auburn

Leaving only one spot for either 2 loss Pac12 champ USC or 2 loss B1G champ Ohio St.

I Think USC would get the nod over Ohio St. for several reasons.
While they both have one blowout loss, Ohio St.'s came @ 6-4 Iowa by 31, and USC lost @ 8-2 ND by 35, so basically a wash except Iowa is probably a worse team than ND.
Their second loss was USC by three on the road @ 8-2 WAZZOU while OSU lost at home by 15 to 9-1 OK.
Also, Ohio St. laid a pretty big egg in last season's CFP while USC has never been invited.

If Oklahoma gets beat in the Big12 CG, Ohio St. may get in over TCU, but not a given since TCU would have avenged one of their 2 losses and they've never been invited either. Remember they also got kind of robbed by Ohio St. three seasons ago when they went from #3 to out after a win to make room for Ohio St. and the committee cited "not a Conference Champ". Almost have to give a 2 loss Big12 champ TCU the nod over 2 loss B1G champ Ohio St. don't you? Especially if they avenge their only big loss (on the road by 18 to OK).

Imagine the Big12 champ getting left out in favor of Ohio St. AGAIN.
11/13/2017 8:46 PM (edited)
Posted by all3 on 11/13/2017 7:04:00 PM (view original):
The point you're trying so desperately to take out of context is that given UCF's schedule, nobody is claiming they belong in the Playoff and that Wisconsin's schedule, other than the Conference Championship game, doesn't really provide much for people to be claiming they belong either. The Committee has repeatedly said Conference has zero bearing on rankings, and has been pretty consistent with that. So again, given an undefeated Wisconsin, 1-loss Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma, and either an undefeated Miami or a 1-loss Miami, who gets left out? Every one of those other 5 teams will have several "better" wins than Wisconsin. Heck, just watched an ESPN show where they were mentioning Auburn in and Wisconsin out, so my "what if" seems far from extreme.
If Wisconsin is undefeated, they r n. If Miami is undefeated, they r also n. I think u might b overestimating how good some of the other teams wins are.
11/13/2017 9:12 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 11/13/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 11/13/2017 7:04:00 PM (view original):
If Wisconsin is undefeated, they r n. If Miami is undefeated, they r also n. I think u might b overestimating how good some of the other teams wins are.
To expand on that last sentence:

If his scenario played out that would mean Alabama beats Auburn in the Iron Bowl, but then loses to GA in the SECCG.
If that were the case Alabama's best wins would be against 3 loss teams Auburn, LSU and Miss St.

Oklahoma would have won out meaning they have the Ohio St win (who would be a 3 loss team in his scenario) and then 2 wins vs a 3 loss TCU and one win vs. OK State who'd be a 2 loss team.

Not much better, but still better than Bama, especially taking the OOC win on the road vs. Ohio St. into account.
Bama's best OOC win would be who? Fresno? At home no less.

Meanwhile, Wisconsin by this time, would have wins vs Northwestern, Michigan and Ohio St.
Two 3 loss teams and a 4 loss team.
Not quite as strong as OK or Bama, but not weak enough, comparatively, to discount the fact that they are undefeated champions of a power 5 conference.

Your 4 teams in that scenario would be:
Unbeaten ACC Champ Miami
Unbeaten B1G Champ Wisconsin
One loss SEC Champ Georgia
One loss Big12 Champ Oklahoma

Seeding probably going
#1 Miami vs #4 Wisconsin
#2 Oklahoma vs #3 Georgia
11/13/2017 9:51 PM (edited)
Well, my only point was trying to create a scenario where an undefeated conference champion is left out is nonsense. The scenario is this:

5 undefeated conference champs or 4 undefeated conference champs and an undefeated Notre Dame. UCF can be undefeated and will not get in over an undefeated CC. Boise State or any non-Power 5 undefeated, except ND, will not get in over an undefeated Power CC. They won't.
11/14/2017 9:23 AM
Wow, all those arguments with b_l must have taught you a new skill. This is so NOT what you posted before. Great backtracking.
BTW, who on Earth would ever argue that a non-power undefeated would make it over a power undefeated?
The question was would a power undefeated be a lock over power 1-loss teams. That's what you claimed with Wisconsin.
11/14/2017 11:01 AM
Miami is struggling. Rozier has forgotten how to throw a football.
11/24/2017 2:38 PM
Miami is still in with a win next week.
11/24/2017 5:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...46 Next ▸
2017 playoff eliminator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.