2017 playoff eliminator Topic

CFB season is right around the corner. Despite the long-demanded playoff, there are still only a handful of teams that can win the Natty. So here we go....

SEC-Bama, Auburn, Florida. Georgia is a dark horse but I'm leaving them out. Auburn has been crushing recruiting.
ACC-Florida State, Clemson. Not buying Miami or Louisville. FSU is stacked!
Big 10-Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan. Not feeling Wisconsin. Michigan should be left out but Harbaugh is a genie.
Big 12-Oklahoma, Okie State. Herman needs another year at Texas then it might just be Texas all day.
Pac 12-USC, Stanford, Washington. Tempted to leave Washington out but I think they win the North and will have a shot to beat USC.

That's 14 and I could easily reduce it to 10.

Personal playoff teams:
Bama, FSU, Ohio State, USC. Big 12 left out again.
8/14/2017 12:11 PM (edited)
This list is short one team.
8/15/2017 9:22 AM
USF? I don't think a non-power 5 can break into the playoffs regardless of where they're ranked.
8/15/2017 9:34 AM
Some huge Non-Con games this year, including the top 3 showdown in Atlanta in week 1.

Week 1
Michigan v. Florida - Dallas
Florida St. v. Alabama - Atlanta
West Virginia at. Virginia Tech (not the same level, but an interesting matchup for overall conference strength)

Week 2
Auburn at Clemson
Oklahoma at Ohio St.

Week 3
Texas at USC (USC plays Stanford the week before this so this might have no playoff implications when it goes)

Week 13
Florida St. at Florida
8/26/2017 2:06 PM
Forde's picks
Michigan and Alabama will win easily.
Auburn upsets Clemson. No Stoops, no contest in Columbus.
USC beats Texas as both teams show heaps of ineptitude.
And Florida saves it's season with a win over slumping FSU.
8/26/2017 5:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 9:34:00 AM (view original):
USF? I don't think a non-power 5 can break into the playoffs regardless of where they're ranked.
And they looked like they were in deep poo before turning it around.

Stanford, on the other hand, looked pretty good against weak Rice.
8/28/2017 11:51 AM
CFB is great when Meyer and OSU struggle.
8/31/2017 9:51 PM
sing it
8/31/2017 9:58 PM
It was fun while it lasted.
9/1/2017 12:57 PM
Each week, I will pick a top 25 team to lose. Now it would be easy to pick one of the three playing other top 25 teams but that's not really an upset.

Upset Special of the Week:
GaTech to beat Vols. Option offense too complicated for TN to defense.
9/2/2017 10:24 AM
Desmond Howard agreed with me but I knew I should have picked Maryland.
9/3/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/2/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Each week, I will pick a top 25 team to lose. Now it would be easy to pick one of the three playing other top 25 teams but that's not really an upset.

Upset Special of the Week:
GaTech to beat Vols. Option offense too complicated for TN to defense.
this feels selected for reasons beyond the field...

The Quinten Dormady era begins in full.....this guy can flat out throw the ball
9/4/2017 2:48 AM
Dobbs, by the way, is exciting and clearly the guy for this year, but they have a better pure QB waiting to take over next season by the name of Quinten Dormady. UT will be in the discussion for the next few seasons for sure.
9/7/2016 2:27 PM

almost a year to the day that I posted this....

9/4/2017 3:04 AM
Had to be somebody. It was TN or TX. I thought the "Tom Herman is god" attitude in TX would carry them thru the day.
9/4/2017 8:01 AM
Well the only things outsucking Butch Jones' coaching, are the receivers hands....4 easy drops is too many

9/4/2017 9:35 PM
1|2|3...46 Next ▸
2017 playoff eliminator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.