Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 8/15/2017 9:02:00 AM (view original):
always wonder why Fox bought the business
Customer base for it's fantasy games, website.
If they were going for that whatifsports.com should redirect to something like foxsports.com/fantasy/wis. As far as I can tell, they don't even have a dedicated fantasy page.
8/15/2017 9:56 AM
They did at one point. No idea now.
8/15/2017 10:04 AM
I doubt that fox considers any programmers as hd basketball employees.

I think the company has a few programmer,s who maybe once a year do a basketball project, more like once every couple of years though.

They also have all kinds of other sport sims, that these same types do projects on.

I would guess one customer service employee might be employed to do all WIS questions, not just HD. And that person might even in a broader sense, do CS for other fox related products.

I also thought someone in the know, said the reason for buying the WIS umbrella of products by fox was for the sim engine (not even directly tied to the game sim engine used for HD, but related), to be used for predicting results of nfl and nba games. I think that predictive engine has proven to be reasonably accurate.

I would guess the cash cow nature of all the sims, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc is that nobody is employed by the company on HD directly, but the game is absorbed into the indirect labor beast of Fox Sports - in a the programmer or customer service employee will be there either way, and be paid either way. So in this case, the 210K estimate, which would be near zero profit for a small business, is near 210k of contribution margin to a company like fox. Add in baseball, football and the rest, and the contribution margin is decent, esp since what they really bought was the NFL sim product for sunday football fantasy football types to use anyhow.
8/15/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by zorzii on 8/15/2017 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 8:06:00 AM (view original):
I've said time and time again that HD is not a cash cow. 3,000 users paying $10(estimate) every 7 weeks. $30,000 x 7 = $210,000 a year. Maybe more, maybe less but 200k a year is a drop in the bucket for FOX. There's no reason for a full-time employee dedicated to HD.
To be honest, if these revenues are right, it makes for a good small business. You would develop a lot faster that way.
When it was Tarek running the site, there was significantly more attention.
8/15/2017 9:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 8:06:00 AM (view original):
I've said time and time again that HD is not a cash cow. 3,000 users paying $10(estimate) every 7 weeks. $30,000 x 7 = $210,000 a year. Maybe more, maybe less but 200k a year is a drop in the bucket for FOX. There's no reason for a full-time employee dedicated to HD.
Damn and I just paid them $100, FOX is probably rolling in the dough rn...
8/15/2017 11:59 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.