Recruiting etiquette Topic

Not this:

Hey I notcied you were on this guy as well ....seeing as how we are both new to D1 and trying to build teams to fight these juggernauts,let me know if you really need this guy and have no backup options and i'll just pulloff and let you have him. No sense in us new coaches giving each other black eyes when we need to help each other get better so we don't get stomped like baby seals. Maybe next time you could throw the player to me if same thing happened .......just let me know .....

I ignored him at first, then he sent me another and just told him that sending sitemails like this is a very bad idea and I have no interest in making deals.
8/15/2017 5:50 PM
Posted by rednu on 8/15/2017 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 8/15/2017 4:38:00 PM (view original):
keep in mind, telling someone that you have pulled the schollie is giving whoever you tell that info important info about your intentions - that others dont know
But if he waited until it showed, it would not have because all users involved in the battle would have seen the scholarship offer line change from Yes to No (and the accompanying crash of interest level for withdrawing a scholarship offer"
Exactly, me telling him in sitemail that I pulled my schollie is a courtesy as I could of just let him figure it out but either way my intentions were public and showed under the considering list that my scholarship offer was "no." I laid my hand out as I was all in and couldn't do anything else as I was already pumping 50 AP and had thrown guaranteed start/minutes 20 HV and CV and still got thrown from very high to moderate. There was literally no way for me to battle so there is no harm done when I show my hand publicly and try to find out what happened.
8/15/2017 5:57 PM
I felt like sitemailing that div 3 coach with a C prestige(8 seasons or so) to find out why he wanted to battle my div 2 A+ prestige team that had already offered a schollie to a div 1 player. But I didn't.
8/15/2017 7:12 PM
Only reason I use sitemails with anyone during my recruiting is AFTER a recruit we were fighting for signed. Then it would be to congratulate him if he won. Maybe offer condolences if he lost and was a friend/conference mate. In few instances when the numbers just don't seem to be right after the recruit signs I might win or lose ask if he wanted to swap data on what we each spent on the recruit for information to improve my future recruiting and those who I mentor. Sometimes it is as simple as an unexpected preference, sometimes it's a huge dump of AP, sometimes it tells me I am on the low side of the prestige grade when I thought I was on the high or middle, but usually for my teams it is that I lost to one of those few that have an A+ prestige that is more like an A+++.

That's it.
8/15/2017 9:48 PM
I used to occasionally sitemail coaches during recruiting when I was new but not any more. It was never about collusion or finding out information, but I do remember one time, back in the 2.0 days when I was at D3 and there was a D2 team going after player I wanted. I told him that I thought that the player was way below what he could probably get as a D2 team, hoping he might see my point and look elsewhere. But now I never do it during recruiting
8/16/2017 12:53 AM
Posted by rednu on 8/15/2017 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 8/15/2017 4:38:00 PM (view original):
keep in mind, telling someone that you have pulled the schollie is giving whoever you tell that info important info about your intentions - that others dont know
But if he waited until it showed, it would not have because all users involved in the battle would have seen the scholarship offer line change from Yes to No (and the accompanying crash of interest level for withdrawing a scholarship offer"
if he is in the top ten alphabetically
8/16/2017 5:32 AM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting etiquette Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.