The recent success factor only goes back 10 seasons, however total experience of a coach (which goes back for all time) is a large factor in hiring decisions as well. I've submitted multiple tickets on this matter and that has been what's been communicated to me.
8/16/2017 9:28 AM
Here is the FAQ that lists the four factors. Longevity is the one that gives coaches who have been around a long time a leg up in seeking coaching jobs, regardless of performance. However, performance goes back 10 years for DI jobs, and the bar for a current A prestige and highest baseline prestige team like Kansas is absurdly high on the performance criteria.

When you browse the list of job openings, each one will have a brief bit of advice from your agent, which will give you an indication of whether you're qualified.

There are multiple factors that a school uses to decide whether to accept your application, including but not limited to (and not necessarily in this order):

• Overall Experience
  • Recent Success (going back at most 10 seasons)
8/16/2017 12:40 PM
To me, the first two bullet points contradict each other.
8/16/2017 2:04 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 8/16/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
To me, the first two bullet points contradict each other.
a little bit.
8/19/2017 3:37 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.