Just Another example Topic

Posted by l80r20 on 8/16/2017 10:47:00 PM (view original):
What's yer point? That pajamainc ran a team into the ground? That sim teams aren't very good? You got something against THE Ohio State University? None of this is news.
Have you ever seen the movie "Split"?
8/16/2017 10:51 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/16/2017 10:47:00 PM (view original):
What's yer point? That pajamainc ran a team into the ground? That sim teams aren't very good? You got something against THE Ohio State University? None of this is news.
You seem to be the only one here that doesn't get the point.... which makes you even dumber than we all assumed. That says a lot.. even for a spudtard.
8/17/2017 7:57 AM
Guys - just ignore Spud. He's annoying but no one actually thinks his opinion means anything or is shared by anyone else.
8/17/2017 8:48 AM
But anyway back to OP.

Yeah that's dumb. But not the worst B6 team I've seen which is even dumber.
8/17/2017 8:49 AM
All right all you smart people, the point is ... ? Is there actually a single rational thought behind your apparently aimless whining? Or do you just get your rocks off calling me by someone else's name?
8/17/2017 1:09 PM
Just ignore him and he will go away...
8/17/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/17/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):
All right all you smart people, the point is ... ? Is there actually a single rational thought behind your apparently aimless whining? Or do you just get your rocks off calling me by someone else's name?
Probably more the latter is my guess...
8/17/2017 2:26 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 8/16/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):
What is your opinion on the best way to rebuild these programs. Obviously, your prestige is low so it is difficult to go all in on top recruits is difficult.

So you just build slowly for 4-6 seasons? Really difficult against established teams in big conferences.
I think it a lot of it is luck and figuring out a way to win a few big recruiting battles. I think the key is losing as much dead weight as possible and than building your team up over a few years with back to back recruiting classes of four to five players.

You would want three of those guys to be solid/high potential guys that will be able to really contribute by the end of year two and definitely year three. Then, if you can win one battle each year for a guy who will get drafted and can start from day one you can do a rebuild in 3-4 seasons.

I took over a UCONN program that an human coach ran into the ground and had won a grand total of one game in three seasons. I obviously cut a lot of guys an didn't have much in that second session of recruiting.

During the first two seasons I gambled on two 5 stars and a juco stud and won each of those battles, despite having the odds significantly against me. These three with the addition of 4-5 solid/high potential guys allowed me to go from 3 wins in season one to a Final Four (lucky run) in season three.

My prestige now in season 5 at UCONN is an A- and I feel that UCONN is pretty much back.

So, long story short, in the new game I think you can rebuild a team quicker than in the old one because of the randomness of recruiting. But it can also be more difficult because those three wins were big time risks. I would have never taken them in the old game and if I had lost those three recruits I'd still be a terrible program now.
8/17/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by tanzetti on 8/17/2017 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinndogg on 8/16/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):
What is your opinion on the best way to rebuild these programs. Obviously, your prestige is low so it is difficult to go all in on top recruits is difficult.

So you just build slowly for 4-6 seasons? Really difficult against established teams in big conferences.
I think it a lot of it is luck and figuring out a way to win a few big recruiting battles. I think the key is losing as much dead weight as possible and than building your team up over a few years with back to back recruiting classes of four to five players.

You would want three of those guys to be solid/high potential guys that will be able to really contribute by the end of year two and definitely year three. Then, if you can win one battle each year for a guy who will get drafted and can start from day one you can do a rebuild in 3-4 seasons.

I took over a UCONN program that an human coach ran into the ground and had won a grand total of one game in three seasons. I obviously cut a lot of guys an didn't have much in that second session of recruiting.

During the first two seasons I gambled on two 5 stars and a juco stud and won each of those battles, despite having the odds significantly against me. These three with the addition of 4-5 solid/high potential guys allowed me to go from 3 wins in season one to a Final Four (lucky run) in season three.

My prestige now in season 5 at UCONN is an A- and I feel that UCONN is pretty much back.

So, long story short, in the new game I think you can rebuild a team quicker than in the old one because of the randomness of recruiting. But it can also be more difficult because those three wins were big time risks. I would have never taken them in the old game and if I had lost those three recruits I'd still be a terrible program now.
Yea.......you stole Shipe off me and I'm still bitter about it lol
8/20/2017 10:39 AM
◂ Prev 12
Just Another example Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.