Looking through recruits I noticed some guys guards/small forwards that can't score (less than 30) if their lives depended on it. However they have decent ath. 50-70, high def (70+), high passing (75+), and high ball handling (75+). Also have decent but not great speed 65-85 What kind of distribution would you give these guys at DII or at low/middle DI.
8/16/2017 5:07 PM
cant think about distro for one player - its as part of a team

who are best scoring options - considering PER or LOW - and then also considering SPD or ATH and also BH/PASS....and IQ

give them more distro

who are worst scoring options - give them less

adjust as experience dictates
8/16/2017 5:20 PM

" guards/small forwards that can't score (less than 30)"

I read this a couple of times and I'm not sure what you mean? Their LP/Perimeter is less than 30?
8/16/2017 5:35 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 8/16/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):

I read this a couple of times and I'm not sure what you mean? Their LP/Perimeter is less than 30?
Yes their per/low post is lower than 30. Maybe after development might reach higher but currently have 30 or less in both of those areas.

I have 6 openings and trying to figure out how to use different players. Think this guy is like a young Jason Kidd. I personally never played with a great passer so I don't know if you call plays for a guy that can pass and handle like that but has no jump shot or low post game. I mean the guy can't get layups all day and even if he gets close does his low LP mean he will miss. Do you set the distribution low and just let him flow with the offense.

What do you do with a guy that is going to miss wherever he shoots from but can accurately whip a laser pass between defenders from anywhere?
8/17/2017 11:53 AM
Posted by Rishado on 8/17/2017 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by skinndogg on 8/16/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):

Yes their per/low post is lower than 30. Maybe after development might reach higher but currently have 30 or less in both of those areas.

I have 6 openings and trying to figure out how to use different players. Think this guy is like a young Jason Kidd. I personally never played with a great passer so I don't know if you call plays for a guy that can pass and handle like that but has no jump shot or low post game. I mean the guy can't get layups all day and even if he gets close does his low LP mean he will miss. Do you set the distribution low and just let him flow with the offense.

What do you do with a guy that is going to miss wherever he shoots from but can accurately whip a laser pass between defenders from anywhere?
I use a guy like that to take 1-2 shots a night. He will still be effective on the floor in general. He might average something like 6-7 assists depending on weapons and his turnovers will be 1-2 a game. Overall in my distro I will have bench players with higher numbers but in general I still give him some distro so that the game allows him to take the shot if he's wide open. If he is literally 0 distro I have seen the player will not take any shots. If you give him 1-5 out of 100 distro he might take 1-2 shots a night and you will honestly generally see those end up in fouls and/or a make or miss. Especially if he has good SPD / ATH he will get fouls and go to the line.

EDIT: Stats could look something like 1.5 PPG 6 APG 2 RPG 2FTA 2 FTM 1TO. Not a bad guy to have on the floor if he has good defense and can lock down his position for 20+ minutes a night.
8/17/2017 1:44 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.