How long would it take to fix this? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/17/2017 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/17/2017 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/17/2017 1:51:00 PM (view original):
And how do we know Tulsa was VL before the winning cycle? They could have done this starting from 0 APs, right?

This thread sounds a lot like a poaching argument.
You have to open schollie first. Takes two cycles, right?

1. Open schollie, stay out of sight.
2. Dump HV/CV/AP/schollie, sign recruit.
Good point, but can you open a scholie while staying VL? (Honest question, I really don't know.)
You can use a lot of AP to open the stole and all of the other actions and still remain very low if the lead team is sufficiently ahead. I will say this though. I do believe that Tulsa was on the recruit in the first cycle, but I did a bit more recruiting and he did not respond, then disappeared, so I thought he was probably focused on other players. I knew there was a possibility he could come back, but with it being a whenever player, I thought I would wait and see what happened, and if he came back I had enough AP to beat him. It was a good job of recruiting by knock. But I just think that all teams should be on equal footing and see the exact same thing.
8/17/2017 5:23 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/17/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tanzetti on 8/17/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Don't destroy me for asking this...but if multiple teams are sitting at Very High is the order listed based alphabetically or who is leading?

I'm thinking it's alphabetical, but thought I'd ask.
You are right.

This has turned into an interesting argument. "There are more than TEN schools interested in this kid. Despite this, I can't tell if there is going to be a battle. Maybe I can get him cheap. If not, the fault lies with the game, not my inability to anticipate a battle when there are more than TEN schools interested in the kid."
all battles are not the same - as I am sure you are well aware

a bunch of SIMs? low prestige human teams with few openings? high prestige human teams?

not all battles are the same - but you know that
8/17/2017 5:40 PM
Ten sims EASILY fill up the considering list. DUH.
8/17/2017 5:52 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 8/17/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by l80r20 on 8/17/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tanzetti on 8/17/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Don't destroy me for asking this...but if multiple teams are sitting at Very High is the order listed based alphabetically or who is leading?

I'm thinking it's alphabetical, but thought I'd ask.
You are right.

This has turned into an interesting argument. "There are more than TEN schools interested in this kid. Despite this, I can't tell if there is going to be a battle. Maybe I can get him cheap. If not, the fault lies with the game, not my inability to anticipate a battle when there are more than TEN schools interested in the kid."
You're being deliberately obtuse, spud, as usual. While the "leader" should be able to see who else has invested resources in a recruit -- I can't believe we're still arguing this point, this many months after it was originally raised -- it's more a competitive balance issue for the team that is attempting to snipe the recruit. The way it's set up now, Syracuse has a recruiting advantage over UConn that is due to nothing more than a trick of the alphabet. I've been able to come out of nowhere with Texas on several recruits -- Baylor doesn't have that ability. Why are you against a level playing field?
I agree - I am glad I am at U.Conn instead of Connecticut. You just have to wait until there are at least 10 people ahead of you alphabetically, then start building up AP. And, let's say you are a B team and the other teams that are showing are C- D maybe a B+. You have no idea that there is an A+ team out there even considering the recruit. So, it is a matter of just being sure that everyone has access to the same information.
8/17/2017 6:38 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/17/2017 5:52:00 PM (view original):
Ten sims EASILY fill up the considering list. DUH.
And if you are the one human at Very high, with 10 sims below you, they are not going to make a move on you. You have no way of knowing there is a human interested, unless that human team starts with the letters A-F .
8/17/2017 6:42 PM
This has happened to me numerous times. The latest was Villanova two recruiting seasons ago. And I only have one team.

I mean for goodness sakes, they have not fixed the National Champions page where they list the past winners. This should also have been a very easy fix and done over a year ago. WTF WIS!!
8/17/2017 7:17 PM
WTF is a dominant team in Alphabet Dynasty.
8/17/2017 7:28 PM
I have had this happen to me twice. It is inexcusable to leave a situation that impacts game strategy unaddressed. I've sent 3 tickets in over a period of months, no action. What is sad is I like the new recruiting system and love game play. But the next time I lose a recruit in that manner, I'm out that day.
8/17/2017 8:37 PM
Why wait? It's going to happen.

I get the frustration but "I'm out when that happens" is weak when you KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN.
8/17/2017 9:34 PM
Mike, I'm the eternal optimist I guess. No intention to be strong, weak or otherwise. I'm just sayin'...

I80, try this card game analogy: You have to play your hand open so the other guys can see what you have but they can play their cards closed. Love to get you in a poker game, my friend. I'd own you house. Save your breath in response. I'm adding you to the blocked list.
8/17/2017 10:02 PM
"You have to play your hand open so the other guys can see what you have but they can play their cards closed."

False analogy ... totally. Here's a suggestion: make sense or just read.
8/17/2017 10:26 PM (edited)
Posted by Benis on 8/17/2017 10:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rsvphr on 8/17/2017 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Mike, I'm the eternal optimist I guess. No intention to be strong, weak or otherwise. I'm just sayin'...

I80, try this card game analogy: You have to play your hand open so the other guys can see what you have but they can play their cards closed. Love to get you in a poker game, my friend. I'd own you house. Save your breath in response. I'm adding you to the blocked list.
Don't bother with spud. You have better luck convincing your teddy bear that its a good idea to take the blame for that stolen cookie.
Where did that come from? Creativity is key!

P.S try your dog first.
8/17/2017 10:47 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
How long would it take to fix this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.