Statues - The real thread Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 8/17/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Can I suggest that we replace all statues and monuments for CSA people with this:

That, undoubtedly, would offend someone and would be torn down or removed. In today's PC world, everyone, black/white, north/south, citizen/illegal, gets one of these:

8/18/2017 8:59 AM
8/18/2017 9:03 AM
Why are you posting the picture of a disabled child?

OH WAIT! NEVERMIND!
8/18/2017 3:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/17/2017 4:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/17/2017 4:31:00 PM (view original):
What about them?? It should be up to the local populace/area that erected the statue. Do they like it? Take pride in it?? Or not?? State's rights, or more precisely local "district/area" rights. I maybe should have a say so about Poncho Villa's statue (in Tucson) but the statues in Baltimore???? Clearly not my business.
The problem, in my mind, is that we're becoming a society that removes ANYTHING that ANYONE MIGHT find offensive.

As I said, Sherman was a terrible human being. I've never considered statues monuments of honor. Just historical figures. We know my distaste for Lincoln. Sherman is on the same level. I get the statue for Lincoln. But no way in hell should Sherman have a statue honoring him.

Should I start a petition demanding it's removal? It seems, if I got a few signatures, it could happen.
Yawkey Way is next. Yawkey was a RACIST!!!! Boston was last MLB team to integrate. Can't have a road that runs by the stadium named after a RACIST!!! Way too offensive.
8/18/2017 7:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/18/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/17/2017 4:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/17/2017 4:31:00 PM (view original):
What about them?? It should be up to the local populace/area that erected the statue. Do they like it? Take pride in it?? Or not?? State's rights, or more precisely local "district/area" rights. I maybe should have a say so about Poncho Villa's statue (in Tucson) but the statues in Baltimore???? Clearly not my business.
The problem, in my mind, is that we're becoming a society that removes ANYTHING that ANYONE MIGHT find offensive.

As I said, Sherman was a terrible human being. I've never considered statues monuments of honor. Just historical figures. We know my distaste for Lincoln. Sherman is on the same level. I get the statue for Lincoln. But no way in hell should Sherman have a statue honoring him.

Should I start a petition demanding it's removal? It seems, if I got a few signatures, it could happen.
Yawkey Way is next. Yawkey was a RACIST!!!! Boston was last MLB team to integrate. Can't have a road that runs by the stadium named after a RACIST!!! Way too offensive.
PUMPSIE GREEN WAY!!!
8/18/2017 9:14 PM
I suppose Whitey Bulger Way is out of the question?
8/19/2017 7:11 AM
8/21/2017 11:49 AM
◂ Prev 123
Statues - The real thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.