I got creamed by a 12th seed (I was a 5th seed) in the first round of the NT tournament! It wasn't hard to see why! My best player (SG) picked up 5 fouls early and only played 8 minutes in the entire game! He was also my "stamina" guy and with him not playing his backup (who was also the backup for the PG) ended up playing the entire game has either "getting tired" or "tired"! There was a 3rd backup, but he was a freshman with low stamina! So I understand why my team tanked, what I don't understand is why my best player picked up 5 fouls so early for the only time in his career! He was a senior with A+ ratings on both defense and offense and had a stamina rating of 89! He was also a good athlete who was faster than those guarding him! He was up against a 3-2 zone, and I did have him slated to take a high percentage of shots (about 30%), but still I have no idea why he performed so poorly! I would appreciate any input anyone could give me on what might have happened! and how I might avoid it in the future! Thanks!

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Oakland City vs. Rockhurst
8/17/2017 9:16 PM
random bad things happen?

and the other team had two starting guards with great PER - maybe they ran play after play for them and they were just too good for him?
8/17/2017 9:42 PM
This has happened to me a ton. You got screwed. Maybe a couple minor gameplanning things but just cool down and focus on the future. Things will turn your way.

One other thing is that twelve seed is more like an 8 seed or so. You still had a better team, however.
8/17/2017 9:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! fd343ny you make a good point about the fact that my guy was facing two very good guards--and even tho he was superior athletically and his defensive rating was A+, his defense attribute was only 53--so most likely a contributing factor! But still, my 3rd string freshman guard managed to play 21 minutes against them without fouling out! Oh well! As cub mentioned there is always next year!
8/18/2017 9:20 AM
Once I had a guard foul out in 2 minutes who was a very good, veteran defender. I had CS look into it. They ran the game 100 more times and he never picked up more than 3 fouls. Sometimes you just get an outlier result. Bad luck.
8/18/2017 11:45 AM
Not even on the top 100 list of upsets I've seen. It sucks but they happen.
8/18/2017 2:51 PM
BTW, looks like that 12 seed won their next game too.
8/18/2017 2:52 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.