More exhibitions Topic

Because I know WifS is working hard behind the scenes to improve the game, I'd like more exhibitions. I don't care if it's two a day after new coach sign ups end or during new coach sign up. Gimme a couple more.

Maybe I'm slow but two does not give me a chance to really "test" line-ups, fatigue, substitutions, etc, etc. For instance, if I want to test minute usage for my expected line-up, I'd like to run slow, normal, uptempo. That's three games. Or, if I want to test a couple of different line-ups, I need more than one game as a sample size.

As it stands, I schedule three cupcakes to start the season, if I can, so I can get a feel for what I want to do.

GIMME AT LEAST FOUR EXHIBITIONS, WIFS!!!!
8/18/2017 12:51 PM
I've always wanted a 3rd, mainly because I would like to schedule games against all of the defenses. 1 against M2M, 1 against Zone, and 1 against the Press just to see how my lineup performs against all of them before the regular season begins.
8/18/2017 1:37 PM
I'd prefer to have fewer and start the season quicker.
8/18/2017 1:57 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/18/2017 1:57:00 PM (view original):
I'd prefer to have fewer and start the season quicker.
I'd like the season to start sooner as well but honestly with all the gap days and time where nothing is happening we definitely could get an extra game or 2 added and make the season faster.
8/18/2017 2:07 PM
I think everyone, except spud, thinks there's too much downtime. Adding a couple of exhibitions during that downtime is not increasing downtime. Exhibitions don't count but they are useful. Far more useful than doing nothing.
8/18/2017 2:31 PM
Since exhibition games count towards player/IQ development, I don't want additional games.
8/18/2017 2:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/18/2017 2:31:00 PM (view original):
I think everyone, except spud, thinks there's too much downtime. Adding a couple of exhibitions during that downtime is not increasing downtime. Exhibitions don't count but they are useful. Far more useful than doing nothing.
This is a good idea -- just run them at 2am and 2pm, and you don't even have to alter the current schedule (although there is too much downtime currently). There has definitely been seasons when I feel like I'm going blind into game #1.
8/18/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 8/18/2017 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/18/2017 2:31:00 PM (view original):
This is a good idea -- just run them at 2am and 2pm, and you don't even have to alter the current schedule (although there is too much downtime currently). There has definitely been seasons when I feel like I'm going blind into game #1.
I'm fine as long as it doesn't increase downtime.

but yeah I'd run them every 12 hours and remove the day of DT.
8/18/2017 2:50 PM
more is better - but would be nice also if scheduling exhibitions wasnt such a rush - without adding down time - let us schedule sooner??
8/18/2017 2:53 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who wants to preserve the strategic importance of allocating practice minutes with the current number of developmental games. Two additional games, over a four year career, could be enough practice minutes to make an A IQ an A+ or a B+ FT into an A-. Doesn't sound like much but it might be the difference (to the RNG) between winning and losing in an NT game. Each game that is added to the schedule dilutes the strategic value of practice strategy.
8/18/2017 2:53 PM
Sure. Schedule during new coach sign-ups. It's not like it's a disadvantage when they sign up. They're just a little more pushed for time like everyone is now. 6 PM, scheduling starts. 2AM, 2PM, 2AM, 2PM, rest of schedule remains the same.
8/18/2017 2:55 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/18/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Maybe I'm the only one who wants to preserve the strategic importance of allocating practice minutes with the current number of developmental games. Two additional games, over a four year career, could be enough practice minutes to make an A IQ an A+ or a B+ FT into an A-. Doesn't sound like much but it might be the difference (to the RNG) between winning and losing in an NT game. Each game that is added to the schedule dilutes the strategic value of practice strategy.
Everyone would be on the same footing. But, for all I care, make the extra games non-developmental.
8/18/2017 3:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/18/2017 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/18/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Everyone would be on the same footing. But, for all I care, make the extra games non-developmental.
If they were all non-developmental, I'd say go with the FC Dynasty model (for 1-a-day worlds) where you can add exhibition games every day of the season. They do nothing as far as development is concerned...you can even play players that are injured. You can literally double your regular season schedule. We use them for Champions League tournaments and they're quite fun.

However, your comment about everyone being in the same boat is not quite accurate. Right now, you need to make a conscious decision to focus on IQ or individual attributes (moreover which attributes,) especially in divisions where many attributes have good growth potential. Add enough extra games (that count) and you mitigate the effects of a bad practice allocation decision and brings everyone closer to the mean.
8/18/2017 5:19 PM
I have always wanted a "team scrimmage" option. Much like the sim matchup engine...
8/18/2017 5:38 PM
Posted by texrangers18 on 8/18/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
I have always wanted a "team scrimmage" option. Much like the sim matchup engine...
So does everyone...
8/18/2017 6:52 PM
More exhibitions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.