WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

I guess I started playing again at a good time. It will be nice to get established before another major change happens, assuming that it does.
11/7/2017 4:59 PM
So, when does "business as usual" stop, and the improvements begin?
12/3/2017 10:48 PM
too soon all3
12/19/2017 4:06 PM
I'm home
12/19/2017 6:26 PM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott,
It has been nearly 5 months since this changeover, and we have seen zero changes in the games or the site. I have seen, however; there are no more Amazon gift cards to be purchased with rewards points, and all apparel with What if Sports is now showing out of stock. I understand the clothing as this is now SportsHub, but no gift cards and no changes in almost 5 months? I have seen some new owners in the hockey sim which is encouraging, but with the veteran owners moving on "en masse", how long will the new owners last until improvements are made to the hockey sim, let alone the sim in general? I would think after five months that the transition from WIS to SportsHub should be complete. We are still waiting for some type of action on your parts to at least gather feedback on how you can improve the site like you said you would do.
1/5/2018 1:59 PM
The site also no longer accepts American Express cards. An improvement? Don't think so.
1/7/2018 8:26 AM
suckers
1/8/2018 8:38 PM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 1/5/2018 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott,
It has been nearly 5 months since this changeover, and we have seen zero changes in the games or the site. I have seen, however; there are no more Amazon gift cards to be purchased with rewards points, and all apparel with What if Sports is now showing out of stock. I understand the clothing as this is now SportsHub, but no gift cards and no changes in almost 5 months? I have seen some new owners in the hockey sim which is encouraging, but with the veteran owners moving on "en masse", how long will the new owners last until improvements are made to the hockey sim, let alone the sim in general? I would think after five months that the transition from WIS to SportsHub should be complete. We are still waiting for some type of action on your parts to at least gather feedback on how you can improve the site like you said you would do.
He seems to have a history of doing this sort of thing in the past. No surprises here.

My question is, what exactly has he done in the past 5 months?
1/24/2018 9:50 AM (edited)
Posted by copernicus on 1/8/2018 8:38:00 PM (view original):
suckers
2/9/2018 7:52 PM
i got 99 problems how to pay aint 1
2/9/2018 7:57 PM
It's a shame such a great concept is continually so horribly mismanaged.
2/11/2018 8:21 PM
I've been a member here for many years and have spent a ton of money. It would be nice to hear something about the state of the site. Even if the statement is only a general timeline or an idea of future plans. There are too improvements that need to be made. I love the community, but another month of silence and I'm quitting. Is anyone even listening? *cricket cricket*

EDIT: If we can hear some plans, there might be something to get excited about. Perhaps it will lead me to spend more money. Who knows? Does SportsHub like money?
2/17/2018 6:28 AM (edited)
The plan appears to be letting this site die and using the loss to off-set other gains.
2/17/2018 10:55 AM
what gains might those be
2/17/2018 4:58 PM
I believe this "seble", Rob Phythian, fella is actually Bob Nutting. Maybe he'll provide an update when skiing season ends in a month or so.
2/17/2018 9:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.