WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

I think a Tidlee Winks Dynasty would be Super. Think-Across the Globe there must be MILLIONS of Tidlee Winks players !
6/7/2018 9:26 AM
Posted by copernicus on 3/11/2018 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
meet the new boss....
...same as the old boss
6/8/2018 12:39 PM
New updates . . . same as the old updates (non-existent).
6/9/2018 10:08 PM
YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/9/2018 11:51 PM
Anyone thinking of a walk-away date? HBD worlds are getting harder and harder to fill, and Hoops Dynasty is like an abandoned morgue. I feel guilty every time I give them more money. A drop dead day would at least curtail them from profiting while doing nothing.
6/25/2018 5:16 PM
Currently I'm getting an error message when trying to buy a new full season team for SimLeague Baseball.

Server Error in '/ordering' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>
6/26/2018 5:59 PM
I am getting this as well
6/27/2018 10:51 AM
Main WIS page says this is now fixed.
6/28/2018 9:20 AM
So what exactly has been done in the past 10 months?
6/28/2018 2:17 PM
nothing, service seems like all time worst to me?
6/28/2018 3:55 PM
Posted by Poddy on 6/28/2018 3:55:00 PM (view original):
nothing, service seems like all time worst to me?
Agree 100%.
6/29/2018 10:04 AM
both hockey and basketball are waiting 17-18 players. I believe they used to come out right after the regular season was complete
6/29/2018 11:46 AM
They doubled the staff, so things take twice as long.
6/29/2018 6:43 PM
How do they not even respond or interact here? What a waste, do people use other sites to play?
6/30/2018 10:57 AM
If you go the the SportsHub site and then to Contact Us, WIS is an option in the pulldown menu. Only place on the entire site it is mentioned.
Please go there and send them something, to try to save this site.
7/2/2018 11:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.