WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Thank God. With a programmer back in the mix, the hope of changes/improvements is now actually a possibility. 3.0 needs some real help, selbe. When you can, there is a laundry list of issues that need your attention.
8/19/2017 12:16 AM
Forgive my skepticism, but still doubting the NBA SIM ever sees another update (other than new players).
Heard the empty promises too many times to believe.
8/19/2017 12:26 AM
Wow, crazy. Agreed about this being a net positive. A bit disconcerting that it is a "one man show" for the time being, but I have faith! The status quo was definitely bad, so I'm hopeful about change.
8/19/2017 1:07 AM
SEBLE, is Tom (TZENTMEYER) still onboard with the site or has he moved on?

8/19/2017 2:02 AM
before they had money they wouldn't spend

now they're just broke

damned if I could find a link
8/19/2017 4:53 AM
I think this is great news! I am glad you are back.
8/19/2017 7:36 AM
I've gone from a 3.0 hater to loving it, bugs and all. Welcome back, Seble.
In my opinion it's good to see a familiar face and hopefully things go smoothly for everyone involved.
Stay focused, and please listen to your users, both veterans and noobs.
This is a great game and it deserves to prosper.
Good luck, man!!!

Paul
8/19/2017 9:21 AM
Welcome back, great news!
8/19/2017 9:40 AM
Welcome Back!
8/19/2017 11:08 AM
Posted by thejuice6 on 8/19/2017 2:02:00 AM (view original):
SEBLE, is Tom (TZENTMEYER) still onboard with the site or has he moved on?

Tom is a Fox employee so I would assume he's no longer part of WIS.

Though having worked with mergers and acquisitions at a Fortune 400 company I would expect Tom and his team to be "consulting" with Seble during the transition. What level of activity that includes and whether or not any of the current staff transition over with Seble is unclear as most of the engineers and CS reps at WIS are also Fox employees who work on other projects outside this website.

P.S. Welcome back, Seble. Looking forward to positive change in the coming months.
8/19/2017 11:54 AM (edited)
Welcome back seble!
8/19/2017 11:41 AM
2 things...

The guy that ruined HD (seble) is running the entire show...I can't say I'm confident in that/him. He arguably also ran the NBA sim and GD into the ground, so I'm not optimistic, but I hope he proves me wrong with the new company here.

Secondly, SportsHub management...this is a sim gaming site first and foremost...please, please, please don't (try to) get caught up in trying to use this as a fantasy and real life sports predictor like FOX Sports did. FOX Sports never realized what they had, and that's why they never maximized their potential with the product. Please understand how unique your product is, because no site on the internet can hold a candle to WIS' games...take advantage of it.

I hope this deal greatly benefits the MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL sims, as well as HD and GD, but again I have no reason to be optimistic. The proof will be in the pudding. We shall see.
8/19/2017 12:50 PM
Also, regarding Seble...FOX rehired him a while back as a contractor, so he's been around WIS and was working out of the same office for quite some time.
8/19/2017 12:57 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/19/2017 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Also, regarding Seble...FOX rehired him a while back as a contractor, so he's been around WIS and was working out of the same office for quite some time.
That makes this whole sequence make more sense, thanks for the background.

I wonder if any other familiar faces will be sticking around, or if seble is going to be recruiting a new team.
8/19/2017 1:41 PM
This is great news. Welcome back Seble. I'd love to hear more about a plan to address some of the pressing (yet mostly minor) issues with HD 3.0 when you have time to communicate with us a little more.
8/19/2017 2:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.