WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Im selfish and only play SIMLeague Baseball and have since 2003. I think the game in general runs fine but a couple of things could address the decline.

Can you publish the active users (those who have had a team over the past year) for each of the products? Point being if one of the other sports is outdated and not paying the bills, then lets not penalize the larger apps while it plays catchup. The strong survive, the others have to go.

For SimLeague Baseball, I think a few quick query improvements in the draft center (aimed at making it easier on progressive drafts) would really make a huge difference to the Commissioners....and possibly encourage folks to do another team. I doubt that is a huge cost as it doesnt touch the engine.

Fix SimLeague Live....while I never played in a lot of live leagues, it is very entertaining to crack a beer, chat w/ owners, and test concepts or play games...that may build some more comraderie...

Agree having a large corporate running this probably wasnt great, hoping these new guys have some cash to put back into it....the above wont require a lot.

8/28/2017 1:04 PM
I would like to see Winter ball as part of Hardball Dynasty. It would help with position changes and player development.
8/28/2017 1:14 PM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
August 18, 2017

Dear WhatIfSports User,

We have some exciting news to share with you about a few changes that you'll see at WhatIfSports in the coming days. Yesterday, WhatIfSports joined our Minneapolis-based fantasy sports network of businesses called SportsHub.

SportsHub offers a wide variety of products and services, including season-long fantasy games (National Fantasy Football Championships, CDM Sports), a newly-launched daily fantasy sports game (Fanball), and the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues (LeagueSafe).

Starting today, you'll see a few visual changes to WhatIfSports.com, but nothing that will disrupt or impact your SimLeague or Dynasty games. The site and all its games will continue to run smoothly as they always have, with all features and functionality still available.

If you have any further questions about this announcement, feel free to leave your feedback here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to bringing you even more new features and games in the months ahead. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob Phythian, SportsHub CEO
Can we get an app for whatifsports?
8/28/2017 1:38 PM
That is great news! I am very new compared to a lot of these coach's, but looking forward to some good changes.
8/28/2017 1:44 PM
I think the sim league football needs a whole new system. I play almost exclusively basketball on here because I cant hardly stand the football engine. LET ME PICK MY DEFENSIVE PLAYERS lol But I can only speak for the simleague basketball, but in my opinion and from what I have heard from everyone else from basketball is we need a better defensive rating system (especially for the GOAT defender that is Bill Russell), no more rookies in open leagues, and being able to choose your own league size.
8/28/2017 2:04 PM
Welcome back seble!! Look forward to your future guidance of the games
8/28/2017 2:10 PM
I'm heartened that Seble is back. At least someone who knows the game since the beginning. For those criticizing 3.0, I'd remind you that Seble was the principle architect. Hopefully he will still take constructive advice to improve it.
8/28/2017 2:39 PM
IMO, HD3 went off the rails with the loss of seble. Glad to see him back.
8/28/2017 2:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Great news. It will be awhile before we see any real
changes as integration will be first and that could take a min, but I'm excited about new ownership.
8/28/2017 3:08 PM
Seble: Would love to learn more -- I'm here in Cincy.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me via SiteMail.
8/28/2017 3:24 PM

As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me...

Doomed.
8/28/2017 6:08 PM
Not fond of this move. Gambling businesses are about maximizing their profits. What can SportsHub possibly do for GD? Any transition to a element of gambling in GD and I'm out. I can only see cost of playing going up as a result of this move.
8/28/2017 6:43 PM
Welcome back to the Captain's chair Seble and when you get around to it; one thing right off the top of my head that needs fixing is the OFF/DEF matchups. You have SIM teams playing Triangle, Fastbreak, and Motion shooting more treys than Flex teams and it doesn't matter if you play +4 or +5, they're still shooting 20+ shots a game.

P.S. get yourself a D1 team in Allen /Ivy League and quit ducking me, lol.
8/28/2017 8:55 PM
Please come out with an APP!!!!!!!
8/28/2017 8:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.