WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Posted by jjcincy on 8/28/2017 8:56:00 PM (view original):
Please come out with an APP!!!!!!!
great idea, the website on a phone can be tricky, especially logging out!
8/28/2017 9:36 PM
This website should focus on the Sim Leagues and Dynasty Leagues. Up to this point this site has promoted what would happen if the 1997 Bulls played the 2017 Warriors. Thats great, keep that too, but the Sim Leagues and Dynasty should be first are foremost in my opinion.
8/28/2017 10:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am for a better affiliate program. There are those of us that do internet marketing for a living, but the payouts on the affiliate side are a joke. Give me a way to make money (and others like me) and there will be no problem in ever finding new players. Seriously. I make a full time living on the internet, but I never felt motivated to promote the game (HBD in my case) for a tiny bounty and no residual commissions on future orders.
8/29/2017 12:55 AM
Start accepting bitcoin and think globally. Don't tinker with the GD sim Engine. Add missing stats, add injuries or get rid of durability, give us the "test game" function we had in 3.0 beta, and most importantly remember that 3.0 was designed with the ability to add custom formations. I would love a 5 wr spread. For the love of GOD, let the D3 coaches have their complete version and get rid of the mandatory beginner "nerf" setting.
8/29/2017 1:30 AM
... on balance, I guess I'm glad for the change....as far as I know, things were stultifying...
...perhaps off-topic, and I don't know if anyone mentioned it already (I only scanned the posts)...is there any chance of bringing back the live sim for baseball?...there was only a small base of dedicated players (I think--it must have been much bigger b4 it became less functional with Java updates and eventually unplayable)...that was my whole reason for buying SimLeague baseball teams--to play them in live leagues or just regular leagues but with the availability of the live play... ....there's really nothing else like it on the web (that I've seen, anyway)... ....it was like playing Strat-O-Matic but with the bookkeeping taken care of and endless flexibility with the whole database to play with/against. ...and cheaper, too..
...for forever, the site said "blue sky planning" was the possibility of a new one, but it never happened.

yes or no, I'd be much obliged for any info here. ...thx
8/29/2017 3:42 AM
As with every new venture, the promises of the provider are under review until they provide evidence to the users that they can follow through to provide quality with an improved product. The team at FOX made many promises, followed through with mediocre at best, sideways changes to the games. The reasons may have been that the programmers did not receive the time and support needed from FOX, or that they had their own ideas and were bent on producing that product and damn the users comments. Whatever the reason, they have many bosses (we the users) to satisfy and I will defer judgement until they show us what they can do in this new environment. I wish them the best, we are not an easy group to please.
8/29/2017 3:46 AM
First...congrats and good to vertually see you scott. I'm hopefull and glad to have a company who's focus is us, not tv broadcasting w/o the NBA major rights that went to Turner. One hopes that the BBsim will see it's fair share of the development $$$. GL Scott I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do under your new circomstances
8/29/2017 4:06 AM
Posted by torakula on 8/29/2017 3:42:00 AM (view original):
... on balance, I guess I'm glad for the change....as far as I know, things were stultifying...
...perhaps off-topic, and I don't know if anyone mentioned it already (I only scanned the posts)...is there any chance of bringing back the live sim for baseball?...there was only a small base of dedicated players (I think--it must have been much bigger b4 it became less functional with Java updates and eventually unplayable)...that was my whole reason for buying SimLeague baseball teams--to play them in live leagues or just regular leagues but with the availability of the live play... ....there's really nothing else like it on the web (that I've seen, anyway)... ....it was like playing Strat-O-Matic but with the bookkeeping taken care of and endless flexibility with the whole database to play with/against. ...and cheaper, too..
...for forever, the site said "blue sky planning" was the possibility of a new one, but it never happened.

yes or no, I'd be much obliged for any info here. ...thx
...what I said... ....that was a dummy acct. (integrity, right?...feh)...I just wanted to prove I've been on the site forever....
8/29/2017 4:13 AM
Posted by gigrant on 8/21/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
i've been here for a long long time. i've had some intense frustrations of late, especially with the HD disaster. i really hope this new change is the shot in the arm that WIS needs. a new generation of users will be essential, as many of us from the old generation have or are moving on. i'm dropping 90% of my sim baseball activity and at least 50% of my HD activity by the end of the year. the decision was made a few months ago and i'm sticking to it. but i really want to stop and wish Seble well as i know he cares about the sim world and the simmers that live in it and i know he will do his best to turn WIS around.

one bit of advice - i don't know who answers the trouble tickets for HD but i would recommend firing them asap.

a future without Fox is a major improvement. this is definitely good news.

Good Luck!!
The whole process of becoming a new coach is ridiculous. You would have to wait a whole season to even recruit. New coaches would have to spend 50 dollars in real life just to have a team that they recruited. There needs to be a change in that logic of allowing coaches to actually have a chance to recruit their first season.
8/29/2017 7:37 AM
The home/away splits are ridiculous is SLBasketball.. IDK if it's like that in the other sports- but the homecourt advantage in basketball needs to be drastically reduced. It is typical to see several teams with records such as 23-7 at home vs 9-21 on the road... That's not reflective of reality.... The Basketball draft center needs some of the same or similar features as the baseball draft center... Like a $/minute option. TO% should also be a stat included in the draft center. There should be more than 4 player slots available per position. The draft center fixes have to be very simple and cheap to do- but when these things have been suggested in the past- they just get ignored.... I'm assuming not much will change with new ownership--- considering Seble is still running the show- and he's the one who just ignored us all for years.....
8/29/2017 4:09 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 8/28/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
I think the sim league football needs a whole new system. I play almost exclusively basketball on here because I cant hardly stand the football engine. LET ME PICK MY DEFENSIVE PLAYERS lol But I can only speak for the simleague basketball, but in my opinion and from what I have heard from everyone else from basketball is we need a better defensive rating system (especially for the GOAT defender that is Bill Russell), no more rookies in open leagues, and being able to choose your own league size.
I agree with Sam on most points. The Football SIM is ridiculously bad... I don't think individual defensive players is feasible, but the who system is awful.. There's no metric for fumbling or drops or catch% or blocking- It's just very poorly done...The whole football SIM engine needs to be destroyed forgotten and a whole new system needs to be invented to replace it....
In Basketball- the rookie concept is nonsensical. Most veteran owners refuse to play open leagues and only play theme leagues, bc of the rookie aspect... It's just dumb- and on top of that- reducing the payout in OLs after a certain amount of wins or whatever it is, is a joke as well. I got penalized for too many wins- even tho almost all of them occurred in theme leagues.... That's not a good way to promote business. I'm not 'more likely' to play in OLs after you reduce my payout- for what didn't even occur in the OLs... No- it actually has the opposite effect.. I'll never play in an OL again as long as my payout is half of my theme league payout-- AND as long as the rookies exist. Just make the cap 47 or 48 million- eliminate the rookies- and the OLs will be much more enjoyable- and stop penalizing winners.. The REGULAR payout is minuscule as it is- considering the rake... Not being so stingy may help bring in more crowds as well... Just a thought...

8/29/2017 4:33 PM
Great news. I see lots of pent up energy in your user community. WIS hockey has been bleeding to death for a decade or more since FOX took it over. There used to be way more users and regular updates. Hockey is loooooong overdue for improvements.
8/29/2017 5:40 PM
Posted by seble on 8/19/2017 9:16:00 PM (view original):
I'm painfully aware that a lot of promises have been broken in recent years. A lot of that was beyond our control, but that's not an excuse. It was as frustrating for us as it was for you guys.

I'll be as transparent and honest as I can going forward, but sometimes priorities will change or mitigating factors will cause delays or course changes. The good news is that there won't be anything dividing our attention. It'll be WIS all day, every day.

This is awesome to hear. I think a good rule of thumb from a user perspective would be under-promise and over-deliver
8/29/2017 6:02 PM
APP please!!
8/29/2017 6:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.