WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

August 18, 2017

Dear WhatIfSports User,

We have some exciting news to share with you about a few changes that you'll see at WhatIfSports in the coming days. Yesterday, WhatIfSports joined our Minneapolis-based fantasy sports network of businesses called SportsHub.

SportsHub offers a wide variety of products and services, including season-long fantasy games (National Fantasy Football Championships, CDM Sports), a newly-launched daily fantasy sports game (Fanball), and the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues (LeagueSafe).

Starting today, you'll see a few visual changes to WhatIfSports.com, but nothing that will disrupt or impact your SimLeague or Dynasty games. The site and all its games will continue to run smoothly as they always have, with all features and functionality still available.

If you have any further questions about this announcement, feel free to leave your feedback here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to bringing you even more new features and games in the months ahead. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob Phythian, SportsHub CEO
8/18/2017 7:49 PM
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
8/18/2017 7:50 PM
Can SportsHub shoot us all a free team as a welcome thing?
8/18/2017 7:58 PM
Good news!
8/18/2017 8:46 PM
Great news! Can't wait to see some change over the next several months.
8/18/2017 8:51 PM
Again, best thing that has happened to Hoops Dynasty ever!

Welcome back!
8/18/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/18/2017 7:58:00 PM (view original):
Can SportsHub shoot us all a free team as a welcome thing?
This is the first thing that pops in your head? Lol
8/18/2017 9:06 PM
Very good news.
8/18/2017 9:41 PM
Somebody please explain why we are cheering this development? I'm not sure I see what the cause celebre is...
8/18/2017 9:47 PM
Existing management had clearly given up on the game ages ago. New ownership and an experienced hand is its best hope. None of us will ever agree with 100% of what has been done or will be, but how can having one of the game's long time architects on the job be anything but encouraging?
Seble: welcome back and glad to have you
8/18/2017 10:15 PM
Posted by rednu on 8/18/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Somebody please explain why we are cheering this development? I'm not sure I see what the cause celebre is...
A small company buying WiS is good news because they are more likely to be invested in the long term success of the site than a giant company like Fox. This creates other concerns, but I definitely think it's a net positive for HD.
8/18/2017 10:18 PM
I remember going into CDM when they were in Westport. I think I paid cash to play a very early version, but I forget which sport.
8/18/2017 10:36 PM
Posted by rednu on 8/18/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
The Fox era was a disaster. This is a return to WIS' scrappy startup roots.
8/18/2017 10:54 PM
This is awesome news!!!!!! Really happy about the changes. I think a smaller company could really make this great. Welcome back Seble.
8/18/2017 10:57 PM
Another possible big benefit of the change will be if Sportshub promotes these games on its fantasy sites to attract users to games like HD, which have declined in population.
8/18/2017 11:02 PM
1|2|3...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.