WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

I will be happy if they don't raise the rates and reduce the payouts. And do this all the while with limited resources (one man staff) while they are gearing up,
8/19/2017 2:38 PM
With the new ownership, should we expect any changes to the game, especially GD?
8/19/2017 2:43 PM
To hit on a couple of things:

- tzentmeyer and the rest of the WIS crew is staying on at FOX.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
8/19/2017 3:00 PM
Thanks seble!
8/19/2017 3:03 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/19/2017 3:03:00 PM (view original):
Thanks seble!
Yes, thanks
8/19/2017 3:07 PM
Posted by seble on 8/19/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
To hit on a couple of things:

- tzentmeyer and the rest of the WIS crew is staying on at FOX.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
This is awesome!! If we actually get the promised 2012 update to SimLeague Baseball in the relatively near future that would be great. I do miss the old days of WiS of everyone meeting up at various bars around Cincinnati and shooting the **** about our fake teams. Showing up to the bar and saying that we were here for the college coaches meeting was great fun.
8/19/2017 3:24 PM
I had a feeling something was happening a couple of weeks ago, so, this actually doesn't surprise me.

This is obviously very exciting to all of us and I'm looking forward to the transition.
8/19/2017 3:32 PM
I am encouraged by this change. It was clear that Fox forgot about this site years ago. There was a mass exodus from Sim League Baseball a couple of years ago that seems to have tapered off...but I am glad to see that possible good changes are on the horizon. Clearly, we need to wait and see exactly what changes will take place, but I will give the benefit of the doubt unless it is proven that this isn't a worthy outlook.
8/19/2017 3:38 PM
So glad to see the end of FOX's "reign". It was sad to see what damage their mismanagement and neglect wrought upon this site. What was once a thriving and dynamic SIM gaming community dwindled off into a dogged crew of never say die'ers. I welcome the new ownership and new blood and hope to see WIS return to its former glory.

That said, seble, I'd venture to say that the majority of the users still with the site have stuck with the game through thick and thin... mostly thin... for nearly a decade. Fulfilling some of the broken promises of the previous regime might be a good place to start... before any larger, drastic, commerce driven changes are made.
8/20/2017 4:13 PM (edited)
Seble, congrats and welcome back!
8/19/2017 6:10 PM
This all just makes me happy.
8/19/2017 6:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by eastvanmungo on 8/19/2017 4:45:00 PM (view original):
So glad to see the end of FOX's "reign". It was sad to see what damage their mismanagement and neglect wrought up this site. What was once a thriving and dynamic SIM gaming community dwindled off into a dogged crew of never say die'ers. I welcome the new ownership and new blood and hope to see WIS return to its former glory.

That said, seble, I'd venture to say that the majority of the users still with the site have stuck with the game through thick and thin... mostly thin, for nearly a decade. Fulfilling some of the broken promises of the previous regime might be a good place to start... before any larger, drastic, commerce driven changes are made.
Amen!!
8/19/2017 7:19 PM
I'm painfully aware that a lot of promises have been broken in recent years. A lot of that was beyond our control, but that's not an excuse. It was as frustrating for us as it was for you guys.

I'll be as transparent and honest as I can going forward, but sometimes priorities will change or mitigating factors will cause delays or course changes. The good news is that there won't be anything dividing our attention. It'll be WIS all day, every day.

8/19/2017 9:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.