WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Posted by seble on 8/19/2017 9:16:00 PM (view original):
I'm painfully aware that a lot of promises have been broken in recent years. A lot of that was beyond our control, but that's not an excuse. It was as frustrating for us as it was for you guys.

I'll be as transparent and honest as I can going forward, but sometimes priorities will change or mitigating factors will cause delays or course changes. The good news is that there won't be anything dividing our attention. It'll be WIS all day, every day.

That is all we can hope for! Thank you so much, looking forward to great things!
8/19/2017 11:07 PM
Welcome back Seble and hello SportsHub, I hope this proves to be a mutually beneficial transaction for all of us.
8/19/2017 11:31 PM
Fantastic news!!!!! Although I'm not entirely aligned with Sebles view for HD, his innovative presence has been missed. Getting alway from Fox is like Trump dumping Bannon, better late than never.
8/20/2017 1:13 AM
Posted by seble on 8/19/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
To hit on a couple of things:

- tzentmeyer and the rest of the WIS crew is staying on at FOX.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
Thanks for the update, Seble!

Here's an idea - find out where the Turk is and see if he'd be interested in coming back? Ya never know - he said it was like one of his children...lol.

8/20/2017 1:40 AM
I for one welcome our new non-robot overlords.

8/20/2017 2:27 PM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
August 18, 2017

Dear WhatIfSports User,

We have some exciting news to share with you about a few changes that you'll see at WhatIfSports in the coming days. Yesterday, WhatIfSports joined our Minneapolis-based fantasy sports network of businesses called SportsHub.

SportsHub offers a wide variety of products and services, including season-long fantasy games (National Fantasy Football Championships, CDM Sports), a newly-launched daily fantasy sports game (Fanball), and the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues (LeagueSafe).

Starting today, you'll see a few visual changes to WhatIfSports.com, but nothing that will disrupt or impact your SimLeague or Dynasty games. The site and all its games will continue to run smoothly as they always have, with all features and functionality still available.

If you have any further questions about this announcement, feel free to leave your feedback here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to bringing you even more new features and games in the months ahead. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob Phythian, SportsHub CEO
Thank God someone who knows to interact with its people is back in charge. 3.0 has been a disaster due to its lack of quality recruits and just plain logic. People like myself who were competitive in 2.0 in a power conference find ourselves losing to teams in Div. 2 if we don't offer a scholarship soon enough to them or mind you we did offer a scholarship and yet the Div. 2 team still won them. If I was in a small conference or even a mid-major, I'd have no reason to try and take a job with a power conference in 3.0. You get penalized for that. The team I have now is only a star player and 3 decent div 1 recruits better than the Div. 3 team I had when I started. I'm in a power conference and I'm not the worst team in my division. The worst team in my division took 5 walk-ons because the fad in 3.0 is to do walk-ons so you can have scholarships for next year. The belief is if you can't recruit players good enough to compete you should take a walk-on. I've had to recruit mostly players that aren't my style. I counted 6 that are listed as C's that are my style that might play for me. I need 2 of them. The odds obviously are stacked that I won't get both much less the odds are slim that I even get 1. I also need 2 PG's because I don't really have one and bad part is that I only have 2 scholarships. Yes, there are PF's that I could move to C in this next class. I do have a SG that maybe in his 4th season becomes a PG. That's why lots of people left.
8/20/2017 3:47 PM
How much in dollars did this cost for the new owners to obtain this site?

Looking forward to $20.00 six-packs.
8/20/2017 4:43 PM
Good riddance, Fox Sports. Only one direction this thing can possibly go from here. Here's hoping Sports Hub makes What if Sports great again!
8/20/2017 6:38 PM
Every one is SO happy they got rid of Fox Sports. But Every version of GD after 1 had its share of problems.
Every time they "fix" a game I like(GD) they usually do things to it that I dont like.
I have gotten used to and enjoy the current version of GD. So pray tell , how will the new owners F this one up ?
This is not a knock on the new owners . I dont know them. But every time Dr Frankenstein brings the Monster into the lab , results are yielded , both good AND bad.
8/20/2017 10:18 PM
Hi Scott! Good luck to everyone there. Just saw this and it has made my vacation a little more enjoyable! Was seriously contemplating "hanging 'em up" but am having a change of heart with this great news! Now please be so kind and have Mike Welch start working on the much promised hockey dynasty sooner rather than later!
8/21/2017 7:30 AM
I was on a cruise, this was a great thing to see when I got back.

But what do you (seble) mean when you say it was beyond your control tho?
8/21/2017 9:01 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/21/2017 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I was on a cruise, this was a great thing to see when I got back.

But what do you (seble) mean when you say it was beyond your control tho?
Usually as an employee (programmer) of a large corporation (Fox), you typically don't get to call the shots. If management says "that project you promised to your customers" is put on hold because someone's boss figured they'd get a better ROI (Return On Investment) by doing something else.
8/21/2017 12:07 PM
It was difficult to tell if Fox Sports even knew they owned WIS. I wonder if they were keeping costs low to make WIS more attractive to sell for a few years.

SportsHub seems to have a vision for the future of WIS and Sportshub together. I hope it works. All the games could use an influx of new users.

Don't rehire JConte.

8/21/2017 3:14 PM
i've been here for a long long time. i've had some intense frustrations of late, especially with the HD disaster. i really hope this new change is the shot in the arm that WIS needs. a new generation of users will be essential, as many of us from the old generation have or are moving on. i'm dropping 90% of my sim baseball activity and at least 50% of my HD activity by the end of the year. the decision was made a few months ago and i'm sticking to it. but i really want to stop and wish Seble well as i know he cares about the sim world and the simmers that live in it and i know he will do his best to turn WIS around.

one bit of advice - i don't know who answers the trouble tickets for HD but i would recommend firing them asap.

a future without Fox is a major improvement. this is definitely good news.

Good Luck!!
8/21/2017 4:24 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see what comes of this. Would you guys be able to make a game like HBD but for another sport such as Basketball or Football?
8/21/2017 4:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.