WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

bring back the turk!
8/29/2017 6:39 PM
Didn't another company run WIS before Fox?
I'm a bit concerned since I'm not a fan of change. Hopefully. SIM Baseball will still be enjoyable. And prices wont go up
8/29/2017 7:48 PM
Really hope to see more players filling SIM Baseball leagues like the old days. Such a great community here, really want to see it succeed for the long run. I don't know what I'd do without WIS.
8/29/2017 8:28 PM
What about fixing sim live baseball . The java issue is causing players to leave. Please address this!
8/29/2017 8:53 PM
Welcome seble. Have been playing GD since 06 and welcome a Company that will take care of all games like they all have meaning. Not just meaning to the players but to the company too.

Being a GD Coach and aware of your company. I am confident that you and your team will take care what ever problems that GD has.

Thank you again, welcome seble and company.
8/29/2017 11:20 PM
Posted by crippled on 8/29/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Great news. I see lots of pent up energy in your user community. WIS hockey has been bleeding to death for a decade or more since FOX took it over. There used to be way more users and regular updates. Hockey is loooooong overdue for improvements.
I think that's every sport
8/29/2017 11:46 PM
Posted by snedden001 on 8/29/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Really hope to see more players filling SIM Baseball leagues like the old days. Such a great community here, really want to see it succeed for the long run. I don't know what I'd do without WIS.
Yuhp, I wasn't here for the good ol' days of leagues filling up in under a day. I wish to experience that
8/29/2017 11:47 PM
Seble,

Congratulations.

About five? years ago, we were given the impression that SLB and HBD were written in a legacy language and/or DBMS. Will any engine adjustments require a big conversion to a new system? Or, was that just an excuse for not refining and readjusting?

Depending on your answer, frankly, I see a two major, very demonstrable, and crying needs in SLB (and I'm down to SLB since piling ludicrous sim dollars onto international and domestic free agents became the HBD "loophole" and it got so that it all played out a bit too predictably, at least for me). In fact, you may have read my crying about them in threads. One should be very simple to solve and the other, more of a challenge.

I would be eager to give you free consultation about this... when the time comes... and I suggest if possible JohnGPF, too, albeit, he may be much pickier. ;-`
8/30/2017 12:43 AM (edited)
Posted by szczubelek on 8/29/2017 8:53:00 PM (view original):
What about fixing sim live baseball . The java issue is causing players to leave. Please address this!
exactly--I'm glad to know, as I suspected, that I'm nowhere near alone on this one.. ...because of the java thing, I haven't been able to play live sim baseball in years--and I was an avid late night player......and even the best IT guys I know couldn't fix it... ..I thought it was not only causing people to leave, but that the live sim was DEAD... ...I don't know who can still run it. ...thank you seble for your kind attn. when/if you have anything to say on the matter.
8/30/2017 4:04 AM
Great News !
8/30/2017 9:15 AM
I'd like to add my voice to those asking that the java issue be resolved for live baseball.
i myself was able to overcome this problem, and live is alive and well for me.
there are two progessive leagues I'm in where most players meet the minimum every season.
But there are many long time
dedicated and loyal players who have been unable to play despite wanting to.

i think if the java issue is addressed, and word gotten out, live will be buzzing.
8/30/2017 11:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Java is pretty much a legacy language nowdays, if I understand correctly. It has been the feast of malware developers. Systems that use it have to be very carefully screened and scanned. (Of course, Deep State / Surveillance State has back doors for just about everything, in our increasingly technocratic existence.)

So, Live Play is another question of whether or not Hub will continue to support and refine, or regenerate it in different technology, or....
8/31/2017 2:00 PM (edited)
I did not take the time to read all 8 pages of comments so I apologize if this duplicates another post. FC Dynasty is a free game through WIS. Due to the fact that DC Dynasty is free, the sim is very basic and there have essentially never been any updates or enhancements, which is understandable. Does the new ownership have any plans for FC Dynasty? There is a strong nucleus of veteran players that I'm sure would be willing to coordinate with ownership and make recommendation for enhancements.

Thanks,

Deadruster
8/31/2017 10:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.