WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

SportsHub has purchased like 5 or 6 different sites in the past year or so. My guess is that they paid a certain amount for WIS and they'll just milk it for as long as possible before shutting it down. I wonder how many months until they reach their desired return on investment. Or maybe they just purchased WIS for the software, but I doubt it.

Honestly, I think it would be hilarious to organize a mass boycott. SportsHub would be forced to either allocate resources towards WIS or take a loss. If we don't do anything, it's going to die eventually anyways.
2/21/2018 5:54 AM
They don't even list WIS as one of their products... http://sportshubtech.com/#!/services
2/23/2018 3:32 PM
Posted by seble on 8/19/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
To hit on a couple of things:

- tzentmeyer and the rest of the WIS crew is staying on at FOX.

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.
Any update at all on what's currently being worked on would be welcome. Even if you're still just building staff and integrating with SHT.
3/1/2018 7:02 PM
Cmon, it's only been six months since that BS post. If they (SHT) had the incentive to update us they would have many times by now. I fear WIS is dead.
3/2/2018 5:02 PM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
meet the new boss....
3/11/2018 2:55 PM
Any guesses on when the entire site gets shut-down?
3/18/2018 7:20 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/18/2018 7:20:00 PM (view original):
They won't shut it down. It's more profitable to let it bleed out slowly while collecting as much money as possible from the last subscribers.
3/19/2018 8:12 PM
Posted by mlitney on 3/19/2018 8:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 3/18/2018 7:20:00 PM (view original):
They won't shut it down. It's more profitable to let it bleed out slowly while collecting as much money as possible from the last subscribers.
It's been doing that for years already. Sure it was for a different owner, but there just isn't much blood left.
3/19/2018 11:21 PM
how do i access my teams see nothing on sportshub
3/27/2018 5:00 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/18/2017 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 8/18/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Somebody please explain why we are cheering this development? I'm not sure I see what the cause celebre is...
The Fox era was a disaster. This is a return to WIS' scrappy startup roots.
I was wrong about this.
5/17/2018 1:21 AM
Yeah. I remember when HBD was launched. This site was ablaze with activity. One scenario that occurred to me is that once the bottom line deteriorates to the point that WIS is no longer making money, some user could simply buy WIS and the inmates could take over the asylum. We'd finally get NFL and NHL dynasty games. That would be nice...
5/17/2018 7:58 AM
Should we start the gofundme page now?
5/25/2018 3:47 PM
A hockey dynasty game would be unreal. Can someone please make this happen?
5/26/2018 10:27 AM
I've been hoping for hockey dynasty since about 2005. And I believe that the new parent company is Minnesota based. If they won't build a hockey dynasty game, they won't build anything.
5/26/2018 10:38 AM
They won't even upgrade what is here, so why would anyone think they will add something? Back to reality people.
heck we can't even get completed seasons added. We're waiting for 2 Conference Final Game 7 - interest in the NBA is at an annual high - imagine of the 17-18 players were available.
Probably just another Company looking for a tax write-off.
5/26/2018 10:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.