OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/19/2017 10:44:00 AM (view original):
And all of a sudden everyone liked Seble again after months of trashing him, nice.
3.0 deserves an incomplete - neither a pass nor a fail

some good ideas - inadequately thought through because he was time limited.
8/19/2017 11:20 AM
Long term this is good news. Short term this is non-news.

We just need to remain loyal and stick through any potential rough patches during this transition. If we give Seble and SportsHub proper support and benefit of the doubt, I think we can contribute to bolstering what is already a top tier product (mainly given the lack of competition in this space, but still).

it's clear at a minimum that Seble is passionate about HD and WIS overall and hopefully that renewed enthusiasm will drive this site and collection of games in a positive direction.
8/19/2017 11:42 AM
I'm honestly not sure where all these people think that Seble is so passionate for the game. We went long periods without anything and then boom, an updated that the majority of the user base didn't want followed by leaving with the update half finished. Sounds Great!!!!

I get it, he was the last one to take any real action in the game, but we went years pretty much ignored. With that said, I also understand he was not the boss/overall decision maker. Let's hope that new ownership is the change we need. This is the best news we've had in awhile.
8/19/2017 3:58 PM (edited)
No one finds it odd that there has not been any kind of update on the HD forums....?
8/19/2017 4:07 PM
Posted by mullycj on 8/19/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
No one finds it odd that there has not been any kind of update on the HD forums....?
Settle down Beavis, this just happened yesterday, and now it's the weekend.
8/19/2017 4:11 PM
ok Butthead
8/19/2017 4:49 PM
And all of a sudden everyone liked Seble again after months of trashing him, nice.
One programmer is better than what we previously had.
8/19/2017 5:14 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/19/2017 11:20:00 AM (view original):
3.0 deserves an incomplete - neither a pass nor a fail

some good ideas - inadequately thought through because he was time limited.
I completely agree, 3.0 in its beta phase showed promise but was ultimately rushed into production as they ushered Seble out the door. Seble has unfinished business here and I am glad to see he will get a chance to do what those left at Fox were not able to do in a year's time. We are all painfully aware of the issues with 3.0 but no one has been around to address them. We have a glimmer of hope.
8/19/2017 11:35 PM
Welcome back, seble. This is good news. I suspect you're not surprised to see some of the same monkeys whining that the game didn't go their way.
8/20/2017 12:56 AM
#1 remove posting rights from usernames without an active team or reservation. #2 limit # of posts to 25 over total number of games played.

Both of those changes will dramatically improve the forums and cost nothing to implement.
8/20/2017 9:09 AM
LOL. Of all the things that needs addressing, you worry over the forums.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of seble, or Sportshub, this a win for the userbase. FOX didn't care about this site. It was too small for their attention. That will change.
8/20/2017 9:33 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Don't know if yall saw it, but in the original announcement post Seble said none of the WIS staff are leaving Fox and he will be building a new staff.
8/20/2017 12:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2017 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Don't know if yall saw it, but in the original announcement post Seble said none of the WIS staff are leaving Fox and he will be building a new staff.
If this is accurate, one of seble's first orders of business needs to be removing active teams from all the existing "Site Staff" accounts.

It's either a new era or it isn't.
8/20/2017 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.