OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Posted by Benis on 8/22/2017 11:35:00 AM (view original):
I make a post with a suggestion. No reference to you whatsoever.

You reply saying its a bad idea.

How was I trolling you?
This is the exact one of the reason I left here. 50 posts her day with Mike's nonsense.
8/22/2017 11:53 AM
If you leave a game-playing, quasi-fantasy sports site because of the message boards, then you weren't here for the (revenue-generating) games anyway. Besides, the SPORTS debates around here are better than most other sites... it's the political and personal attacks that are irritating to many. And those are easily avoided, assuming you WANT to avoid them.

If you want to just play the games, there's plenty to keep you busy.

If you want to argue whether Edgar Martinez belongs in the HOF, well, there's that too. But nobody's forcing you to read a thread titled "Does Edgar belong in the HOF" or worse yet, "Trump-Worst President Ever". If you don't like arguments or people challenging or disputing your personal views, DON'T GO TO THOSE SITES. Play the games and enjoy your life.
8/22/2017 11:59 AM
Posted by Benis on 8/21/2017 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 8/21/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/21/2017 11:17:00 AM (view original):
Still LOL-y.

Alienating any user is poor business sense. But, yes, the forums could be improved. Worrying about volume or who's posting is nonsense. WHAT they're posting matters. I'd start in this thread. You have plenty of negativity about the change and seble himself. From "users" with no teams. Start there. Who cares is spud posted under his alias? Block him. Block me. This isn't a safe space for snowflakes. It's a somewhat public forum.
How much can you contradict yourself!!!

You are for viewpoint censorship, but pro-alias abuse. Folks that cannot handle alias abuse are snowflakes, but you are concerned about censoring "what" people are posting?!

If you are not playing, then you aren't a current user entitled to post. If you are playing, then you will have games played and will be able to continue posting. Simple.
Translation - do whatever you want... unless MikeT doesn't like it.
Maybe the forums do need some work. This post was attributed to you.
8/22/2017 12:14 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 8/22/2017 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2017 11:35:00 AM (view original):
I make a post with a suggestion. No reference to you whatsoever.

You reply saying its a bad idea.

How was I trolling you?
This is the exact one of the reason I left here. 50 posts her day with Mike's nonsense.
Doesn't appear you left at all, cheater/liar.
8/22/2017 12:14 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/21/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
"Don't let every snowflake dictate what can be posted"

Pretty funny coming from the most thin skinned poster on here.
And this one says it's your post!!!
8/22/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 8/22/2017 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 8:48:00 AM (view original):
And, FWIW, the "limit" on posting is really dumb.
A) The user is active. Seems like something the site would want.
B) HD isn't the only forum on this site. Some guys play 5-6 different games here.
C) HBD requires full worlds to start. Some commishes bump their threads 20+ times a day.

I don't really have a problem with restricting the forums to users with active teams. I still think a waiting period is a good idea before removing rights but that would require programming and I'd rather other things be programmed. All the tools we need to police the forums ourselves are in place. Profanity filter and block option. Not sure what else is needed.
This seems exactly right to me. Apparently either Mike's drunk or I am.

I'd add that banning "negative" comments about the game, as several posters have seemed to advocate, is also a really dumb idea. Who defines negative? And a lot of "negative" posts I see are "this facet of 3.0 sucks -- here's how I would fix it." Seems those are posts we want to encourage.
I've heard many times the forums are toxic. I guess they aren't toxic anymore and everything is all good. What a weird 180.

Goddam!!! Yet another!!!!

And I finally responded. Mostly to JSS but to you as well.
8/22/2017 12:17 PM
So, benis, do you unwittingly troll? Or are you one forgetful SOB?
8/22/2017 12:20 PM
Well there ya go Mike! You could have downvoted my mean posts and then I wouldn't be able to post anymore. That's a win for you.
8/22/2017 12:22 PM
But that's just stupid. I ignored them until you pretended they didn't exist. My feelings weren't hurt. My safe space wasn't invaded. Just you trollin', me ignorin'. Nobody got hurt.
8/22/2017 12:24 PM
Its not stupid. Its GENIUS.
8/22/2017 12:31 PM
Stupid people don't know they're stupid because, well, they're stupid. People with stupid ideas always insist their ideas aren't stupid because they're not smart enough to realize how stupid their idea was. FACT!
8/22/2017 12:34 PM
FWIW, I don't block you because you don't annoy me and every post you make isn't a short story. I just know you're a bit of a tool and that's fine. I wear the same hat as you.
8/22/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Well there ya go Mike! You could have downvoted my mean posts and then I wouldn't be able to post anymore. That's a win for you.
A better way is you could have a setting that tells you each thread that has posts from Mike/BL/whomever else you hate so you'll know to avoid them.

That way, if you click into a thread, you'll do so with the full knowledge that YOU'RE choosing to engage.
8/22/2017 12:43 PM
You don't know message board bliss until you have blocked MikeT23.

All is well
8/22/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/22/2017 11:59:00 AM (view original):
If you leave a game-playing, quasi-fantasy sports site because of the message boards, then you weren't here for the (revenue-generating) games anyway. Besides, the SPORTS debates around here are better than most other sites... it's the political and personal attacks that are irritating to many. And those are easily avoided, assuming you WANT to avoid them.

If you want to just play the games, there's plenty to keep you busy.

If you want to argue whether Edgar Martinez belongs in the HOF, well, there's that too. But nobody's forcing you to read a thread titled "Does Edgar belong in the HOF" or worse yet, "Trump-Worst President Ever". If you don't like arguments or people challenging or disputing your personal views, DON'T GO TO THOSE SITES. Play the games and enjoy your life.
Who are you?!?

Do you even play this game?!?
8/22/2017 12:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...13 Next ▸
OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.