OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 8/22/2017 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 8/22/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Stupid people don't know they're stupid because, well, they're stupid. People with stupid ideas always insist their ideas aren't stupid because they're not smart enough to realize how stupid their idea was. FACT!
+1
Golf clap
Well said
8/22/2017 6:00 PM
Jesus Christ had dreads
8/22/2017 9:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 8/22/2017 10:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2017 8:48:00 AM (view original):
And, FWIW, the "limit" on posting is really dumb.
A) The user is active. Seems like something the site would want.
B) HD isn't the only forum on this site. Some guys play 5-6 different games here.
C) HBD requires full worlds to start. Some commishes bump their threads 20+ times a day.

I don't really have a problem with restricting the forums to users with active teams. I still think a waiting period is a good idea before removing rights but that would require programming and I'd rather other things be programmed. All the tools we need to police the forums ourselves are in place. Profanity filter and block option. Not sure what else is needed.
The odd thing is, after everything else, you concede the point. I strongly disagree that all tools are available to police the threads, but if we are limiting posts to "active users" then we're talking about the same underlying concept.

The question is the difference between user & acitve user. IMHO, if you have more than 2x or 3x the number of posts as games played, then you aren't an active user.
You do know I have about 30,000 more games played than you, right? Am I NOT an active user?
To further belabor the point, we signed up 5 years, 1 day apart. I average 3061 games per year to you 1340. So regardless of post #s, I'm putting a lot more money to the site than you.

And, FWIW, your initial suggestion was 25 more posts than games played. Now it's 2 or 3 times posts to games played. Pick a lane.
You have 33,000 more posts than anyone else in the history of this site. The next highest is ~20,000. Looks like 10,000 or more posts to games played. Kudos!

You realize that I was not talking to you or about you, right? However, since you are confused: I demonstrated some willingness to concede that a season of GD has ~1/2 the number of games as HD and, separately, commented that someone with multiples of posts to games played doesn't need to be protected and you come back with this? I must really have you shook.

Do the math. You don't have even twice as many posts as games played. So, again, not really about you. I mean, sure, you'd be silenced by my suggestion, but only until you played 10,000 more HBD games or, say, 5,000 more in HD. No problem, right?
8/23/2017 6:02 AM
Your initial suggestion, GP +25, certainly applied to me. Nonethless, 2x or 3x, doesn't matter. Your suggestion has no merit. It POTENTIALLY removes site usage from users/potential users. In no way does that help the site retain/bring in users. It simply potentially alienates users. And the forums should be really, really low on the priority list. Profanity filter and block feature protects the snowflake's safe place.
8/23/2017 7:08 AM
Did mike just learn the term Snowflake? He's used it like 10 times just in this one thread. Gotta stay off that instagram and snapchat mike.
8/23/2017 7:33 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No, the suggestion to limit forum posting has zero merit. Zero.

It's nothing more than a veiled attempt to silence certain customers of this site because you don't like what they say or how they say it.

It's probably the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard in all the years I've been a customer of WIS.
8/23/2017 8:26 AM
It's also funny that you argue that "users avoid the forums because they are toxic" in a forum that has nearly a quarter of a million posts. That's the second highest total of any forum on this site, behind "The Pit".

Where exactly is this user avoidance?
8/23/2017 8:32 AM
The users avoiding the forums, which can be disputed because there's little evidence of it other than the occasional "I avoid these forums now" posts(which is NOT someone avoiding the forums as they're posting), have not learned to use the "block" function or how to NOT read posts. There is little hope for them.

We've been thru this "about you" nonsense. I post, people respond negatively, I respond in kind. That's not on me. Your boy benis is trying, again, to start an argument with me. That's his problem not mine.

I'm actually pretty good at the games I play. Posting/not posting would make no difference in my success or lack thereof. It would simply mean I'm on this site less. Internet sites like people who are on their site more. It's a business thing.

In summation, terrible idea and I'm ashamed to have spent this much time explaining why.
8/23/2017 8:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/23/2017 8:26:00 AM (view original):

It's nothing more than a veiled attempt to silence certain customers of this site because you don't like what they say or how they say it.

It's probably the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard in all the years I've been a customer of WIS.
And what are you attempting here?
8/23/2017 8:51 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 8/23/2017 8:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/23/2017 8:32:00 AM (view original):
It's also funny that you argue that "users avoid the forums because they are toxic" in a forum that has nearly a quarter of a million posts. That's the second highest total of any forum on this site, behind "The Pit".

Where exactly is this user avoidance?
Would probably be a better idea to count the number of users posting vs actual post count to see how "active" a forum is. Cancers like MTroll will tend to skew your results.
Thanks for your input, mully. Solid contribution.
8/23/2017 9:02 AM
Posted by rogelio on 8/23/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/23/2017 8:26:00 AM (view original):

And what are you attempting here?
Not attempting anything.

Just responding to your assertion that your suggestion has some merit.

It does not.
8/23/2017 9:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/23/2017 8:42:00 AM (view original):
The users avoiding the forums, which can be disputed because there's little evidence of it other than the occasional "I avoid these forums now" posts(which is NOT someone avoiding the forums as they're posting), have not learned to use the "block" function or how to NOT read posts. There is little hope for them.

We've been thru this "about you" nonsense. I post, people respond negatively, I respond in kind. That's not on me. Your boy benis is trying, again, to start an argument with me. That's his problem not mine.

I'm actually pretty good at the games I play. Posting/not posting would make no difference in my success or lack thereof. It would simply mean I'm on this site less. Internet sites like people who are on their site more. It's a business thing.

In summation, terrible idea and I'm ashamed to have spent this much time explaining why.
I'm rog's boy? Sweet!

and yes, Mike is correct, I'm the problem here. MikeT didn't have any type of reputation or had any conflicts until I came around. Sorry everyone!
8/23/2017 10:07 AM
Sigh.

Here's the problem: You've tried to bait me, several times, into arguments. I ignore you but we both know, eventually, I'll respond. Argument ensues. Dumbasses check in and think "Well, there you have it. MikeT23 is arguing again" without reading back. So, yes, in this particular thread you are the problem. Sad that you don't see it.
8/23/2017 10:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
OMG seble now manages WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.