S135 Division 2 (National Champions) Topic

It's about that time to kick off the new thread for Season 135! While everyone has been hard focused on recruiting, omc1981 posted a new article for your enjoyment!

How did everyone's recruiting go?
8/18/2017 10:45 PM
I think I will be ok. Didn't get everyone I wanted, but it should be a solid class.
8/19/2017 8:02 PM
There wasn't one single undecided recruit worth adding to my roster and, as a 1st year head coach, I had no playoff money.
As usual, it takes way more than the money allotted per scholarship to knock off some Sim schools (nevermind human coaches who I avoided like the plague).

So, I will be taking on three scrubs.

Will probably be the worst class I recruit as long as I am here.
8/19/2017 8:35 PM
Mine went better than I thought. I had a large class (I think 16). I had some real life issues come up and didn't get to recruit much at all after the second cycle until the night before signings. I think I pulled together a solid class for my vision.
8/20/2017 12:12 AM
Mine was hit and miss. Lost some really good recruits but picked up a couple of surprises to fill in for them. Overall, about the same as I normally get.
8/21/2017 3:21 PM
I took my first Sim recruit in decades - it was a tough class for certain
8/23/2017 7:29 AM
I think I did well (Nebraska-Omaha). My vision is getting better so that will help. Ended up taking 16 guys and the Sim AI gave me 2 more. The highlight of the class is the #3 ranked QB who has high potential. He will be redshirted.
8/23/2017 4:24 PM
Omc1981 posted a new a article that is the beginning of something I'm really looking forward to.
Welcome to Game of the Night!

Btw, I meant to cover recruiting but got caught up on a project that will help me later with articles. I've been working on some excel sheets that will do a large pull of conference data so I can access info faster for reports. Its already done, but I'm working on report sheets that puts it together for me I'd like to be able to figure out who has the best Starting OL, DL or DB group and have it ranked against all teams or info to see the teams best starting line up as an example. I'm almost finished, but that's why I missed the recruiting reports (I got obsessed, sorry)

I will have the kickoff the new season hopefully by Saturday Night (my goal is tomorrow but incase work interferes)
8/24/2017 2:13 AM
It's week 2 and Omc1981 comes through with his prediction for Game of the Night!
8/26/2017 12:13 AM
Posted a recap of the conference championships up. The playoffs are here and what a bracket we have going in the West!? Some of these brackets are stacked with great teams.

N. Alabama
West Chester
Texas A&M-Commerce
Valdosta St.

All in the same bracket!

9/7/2017 11:30 PM
It's Round 1 of the Playoffs! As usual, I try to predict and this time I'm using one of those fancy brackets!

Round 1 Article

Fancy Playoff Bracket

Good luck in the 1st round!
9/8/2017 1:33 AM
Posted by akua29 on 9/7/2017 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted a recap of the conference championships up. The playoffs are here and what a bracket we have going in the West!? Some of these brackets are stacked with great teams.

N. Alabama
West Chester
Texas A&M-Commerce
Valdosta St.

All in the same bracket!

I looked at the brackets and yours definitely jumped out to me as being the toughest to get through. Not sure how they divide everything out, but I think they missed on this one.
9/8/2017 8:55 AM
Excellent work!!
9/8/2017 9:35 AM
Keep it up! Rockne is becoming one of my favorite worlds Bc of all this stuff. Love it
9/8/2017 7:37 PM
Round 2 here we go! I have a wedding to go to tomorrow so my access is going to be limited. I will try to get some quick updates tomorrow and will have more time on Sunday to catch up.

I posted the Round 1 recap and Round 2 preview!

2nd Round Fancy Playoff Bracket

Good luck!
9/9/2017 2:15 AM (edited)
12 Next ▸
S135 Division 2 (National Champions) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.