4 Year Starter at QB Topic

How much value is there in starting a guy all 4 years? Specifically at a skill position. I assume they would gain Form IQ quicker than if riding the bench, but not sure if playing time helps them develop their skills more quickly.

I also realize this depends a lot on the player and their WE/potential. Just trying to get a general feel on whether a QB is going to be a lot better his senior year if he has played all 4 seasons, as opposed to just starting junior and senior seasons. Is it worth it take the hit during his crappy freshman year to get a stellar senior season?
8/19/2017 4:24 PM
I found myself in this predicament a few seasons back. I took over a team with a SR QB and a bad backup. I redshirted the QB I signed and the following season I started him immediately and was anticipating growing pains. He averaged over 30 passes a game, threw only 3 INT's , 2 coming in one game against a top team and had a completion rate near 60% with 25 TDP. He had only one more INT over the next 3 seasons and was probably the best QB I ever had so it just depends on the quality of player he is. I don't know if he would have reached the levels that he got to if he had not started right away, probably not, but I feel I had a stellar QB for 3 if not all 4 seasons.
8/19/2017 5:21 PM
I don't start QB's until JR year since they raised the interception level. You need FIQ/GI in the 70's and even that doesn't guarantee anything:O)
8/19/2017 6:11 PM
If you're willing to live with a lot of interceptions the first couple of seasons, it will definitely pay off in the long run. His work ethic should increase if you start him in his first two seasons, and so his development will increase.
8/19/2017 7:20 PM
BJ is spot on. You can also start him against the scrubs and play a veteran against good human opponents to avoid INTs.
8/21/2017 5:21 AM
4 Year Starter at QB Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.