does anyone expect anything to change with sim basketball with new owners
8/19/2017 6:17 PM
Well, seble has to hire a whole staff, likely migrate servers and then get the new staff familiar with the code base. After that, we will likely see small patches that will be super buggy because the dev team isn't familiar with the minutiae. Then, the devs being annoyed by having to work with someone else's code that is poorly documented and written using old libraries, will try and do a full re-write. All the users will have an epic meltdown because users respond poorly to drastic changes. Then, finally, will likely come some stabilization while they focus on defect resolution for a while. The users will have a whole new cycle of finding exploits for the new sim engine.

So yes, my theory is that there will be eventual change, it will take a long time and some of it will be painful. Which games get worked on first are likely going to be a combination of greatest revenue generators and closely strategic alignment with parent company products.
8/22/2017 3:38 PM (edited)
I feel like the game needs a somewhat serious revamp, not just simple tweaks and fixes. The DEF ratings and block numbers from the past definitely need to be looked into/adjusted.
8/21/2017 9:36 PM
I think the NBA SIM is scheduled to get some attention right after World Peace is achieved.
8/22/2017 10:27 AM
Has anyone told this to Kim Jong-un? He could make a team with a bunch of Dennis Rodmans.
8/22/2017 4:42 PM
please...
8/22/2017 8:53 PM
I think it's possible this will turn out to be good news. Fox wasn't paying attention to this site whatsoever (or at least not to non-baseball sports).
8/28/2017 11:51 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.