When to Promote to ML Topic

Is there any tribal knowledge on the best time to promote to the ML roster? I'm aware of the benefits of waiting until after the 23rd day of the new season but my question is more of a... I've got a strong 23 or 24 year old starter. Is it worth sucking the final 2 points of Overall out of him for one more year at AAA or should I promote him even though it seems like prospects don't improve much once they're on the ML roster?
8/21/2017 12:48 AM
Players with improvement left develop just fine at the BL level IF you play them. As for when you promote, if a player is better than the guy in front of him, and you're trying to win, NOW is a no-brainer. That said, there are situations where the MiL player is just a little better than the vet making 5.8m. It doesn't make much sense to promote if you're happy with the 5.8m guy.
8/21/2017 8:28 AM
I'd contest the idea that prospects don't improve much once they're on the ML roster. I think the more likely case is that prospects don't improve much once they're 23 or 24 years old.

8/21/2017 8:43 AM
Both fair points. Thanks for the responses.
8/21/2017 10:35 PM
When to Promote to ML Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.