Type A picks when draft scouting is not great Topic

I inherited a top-heavy team with tons of committed ML payroll and a MILB system that was clearly neglected. I've got a Type A FA RP. He's solid and will likely get signed if I let him go. However, my draft scouting is only 10 coll/2 HS. My question is whether I'd get more out of re-signing the player (3 yrs/$6M per) than out of the draft picks, when my scouting is poor. I do also have protected 1st round pick (#16). Am I over-thinking it?
8/21/2017 10:57 AM
10m is a bit of a crapshoot. If he's worth 3/6m, sign him. Don't count on trading him because, if he's a FA, he's likely early/mid-30s. People in this game value the future more than they value the current. But, then again, I traded for a 3/6m RP because I wanted him to help me win.
8/21/2017 11:33 AM
Type A picks when draft scouting is not great Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.