Quick Fix List - Attention New Owner Topic

Thought I would start a thread about "quick fix" items that might be easy to do in the short term. This thread is not (ideally) for longer term fixes.

My list:

The onside kick calculation seems to be oddly favored to the losing team. An unnatural (in my opinion) number of onside kicks actually work.

I would really like to see the "percentage played" listed on the Depth Chart screen. It seems odd to me that it only appears on the "roster" screen.

I would like to see historical stats for all players during your time at your current location. Call it a "school record" tab but it would only have players during your time at that particular school.

I personally like injuries. I know there are stong opinions against this issue. However, if you decide to put injuries back into the game, I suspect it is a "on/off" item that can be done without much effort.

Have the PBP give more useful data. The underlying data is present, just "spit it out" in a meaningful way.

I am sure this list will grow.

nitros (James)
8/21/2017 2:28 PM
Nice list.

Personally, I would like to add play books by school VS user. I would like to run different offenses in different worlds but can not do that under current limits. It would be nice to copy them from world to world, but they should be school dependent.
8/21/2017 7:37 PM
I have always thought it odd that once a season is over it is completely gone (other than the record and coach of that season). Why wouldn't there be a way to go back and look at who was played in that season, the scores of those games, and what the season stats(both individual and team) were. I would also like to see a head to head record vs other coaches be easily accessible. As in not just when you are getting ready to play them, anytime you want to see it.
8/21/2017 7:41 PM
Posted by holdaway on 8/21/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Nice list.

Personally, I would like to add play books by school VS user. I would like to run different offenses in different worlds but can not do that under current limits. It would be nice to copy them from world to world, but they should be school dependent.
I also think you should be able to delete the ones that WIS gives you if you never have any intention of using them.
8/21/2017 7:42 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 8/21/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I have always thought it odd that once a season is over it is completely gone (other than the record and coach of that season). Why wouldn't there be a way to go back and look at who was played in that season, the scores of those games, and what the season stats(both individual and team) were. I would also like to see a head to head record vs other coaches be easily accessible. As in not just when you are getting ready to play them, anytime you want to see it.
I agree. There are many times when I would like to go back to previous seasons to see who I played, the result, etc.
8/21/2017 8:19 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 8/21/2017 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by holdaway on 8/21/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Nice list.

I also think you should be able to delete the ones that WIS gives you if you never have any intention of using them.
Yes and yes. It's frustrating to be limited so much by amounts of playbooks we can customize.
8/22/2017 4:55 PM
I agree about the playbooks. VERY limiting if you have multiple teams and want to use different formations.
8/22/2017 6:27 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/21/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by waregl72 on 8/21/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I agree. There are many times when I would like to go back to previous seasons to see who I played, the result, etc.
Yep, would be cool.
8/22/2017 10:21 PM
I think most of the coaches would just like to see a staff that actually cares about the game. A lot of people put a lot of time and effort into this game and when an issue is raised by the community, it would be nice to see it taken seriously. There have been a lot of issues that have been swept under the rug while still collecting money. I think a lot of the other quick fixes would be solved if this issue is taken care of first.
8/22/2017 10:55 PM
I'd like to see injuries make a return as well, but with one of the following adjustments made:

1) Keep the occurrence rate and severity/length of injuries the way they were before (which was pretty nut-crunching, imho) but increase roster size (by 4 or 5 players, say);
2) Keep roster size the same and decrease the the rate and severity/length of injuries (out # of quarters vs out # games, say); or
3) A little increase in roster size (2 or 3) and a little reduction in injury rate/severity (out 1, maybe 2 games).

My preference would be for either option #1 or #3, as I've always felt a roster size of 50 players was low. In addition to injury considerations, an increased roster size along with a requisite increase in the size of the pool of recruits,would, I think, especially at the higher divisions, increase the real world feel of the game and give coaches at the Boise States of the world a greater chance of building a winner through player development.
8/23/2017 12:08 PM (edited)
I would say update conferences as best as possible and do away with Elite's.
8/23/2017 11:50 AM
I would add that give schools the opportunity to move up to the next level or move down depending on the success. When you have won 29 of the last 30 CCs and your able to recruit players at the higher level, then what really is the challenge?
8/23/2017 12:52 PM
Quick Fix List - Attention New Owner Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.