End of game logic Topic

So first off, I'm a little bit bitter after losing to a ghost-shipped club (stacked with talent...but still ghost shipped) in Knight in the DIII Sweet 16.

But what I'm curious about is this end of game sequence:
Game Plan DePauw DePauw is playing a triangle offense (uptempo) and intentionally fouling (-1)
Game Plan N. Carolina Wesleyan N. Carolina Wesleyan is playing a spread offense (hold ball) and a man to man (-4)
00:14 N. Carolina Wesleyan Edmund Sanderson is fouled on the floor by Michael Phelps - foul #4 on Michael Phelps, team foul #7 75-76
00:14 N. Carolina Wesleyan Edmund Sanderson misses the 1st free throw 75-76
00:14 DePauw Sean Greenwood snags the defensive board 75-76
00:10 DePauw Emil Strunk is called for the reach on Dennis Moxley - foul #3 on Emil Strunk, team foul #8 75-76
00:10 DePauw Dennis Moxley makes the 1st free throw 76-76
00:10 DePauw Dennis Moxley misses the 2nd free throw 76-76
00:10 DePauw Sean Greenwood snags the offensive board 76-76
Game Plan DePauw DePauw is playing a spread offense (hold ball) and intentionally fouling (-1)
Game Plan N. Carolina Wesleyan N. Carolina Wesleyan is playing a spread offense (hold ball) and a man to man (-4)
00:00 DePauw Emil Strunk steals the ball from Joseph Fox 76-76

It's a tie game, we missed the game winning free throw, but we got the offensive board...I'm assuming we switch to a "hold ball" because we're holding for the last shot? Was just wondering if other people have seen similar logic in late tie game scenarios. Just because it's also interesting (even though we have the ball) that it still says "and intentionally fouling". I also hate when there's a "steal" with zero seconds left, but that's a separate matter.
8/22/2017 10:24 AM
Yes, I've experienced the same. We didn't get a shot off either. Ball went out of bounds. I'm assuming we dribbled it off our foot. But, anyway, the "hold ball" is for getting the last shot.
8/22/2017 10:37 AM
End of game logic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.