Rights as Americans Topic

Posted by DoctorKz on 8/23/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
For ESPN to even consider benching an Asian announcer because of his name is lunacy. Do you really believe any action is necessary or justified? That people are so sensitive to someone's name? Had he been named ichiro Hitler at birth, he can't be in the public eye?

Do people really need such coddling? In such a need for a safe space?

News flash...most fair minded people don't care what his name is. Merit matters, not if someone might wet themselves over his birth name...grow a pair.
As an aside . . . does anybody know if there were any famous confederates names Joe Buck?

This could be an opportunity . . .
8/23/2017 6:28 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/23/2017 4:31:00 PM (view original):
"News flash...most fair minded people don't care what his name is. Merit matters, not if someone might wet themselves over his birth name...grow a pair."

Damn right Doc! Was just as correct and "on the money" when all those dumbasses were making much ado over the name Barack Hussein Obama don't you think?
Agreed. I am not an Obama fan, but wasn't rooting for him to fail, or get assassinated. I disagreed with his politics. I wasn't interested in him fundamentally transforming America, leading from behind. But I will not stand in the way of someone because of their name or heritage. I had no idea about the birther issue. It seemed odd that it took 2 years to produce a long form. You certainly can't believe much of what these news outlets tell us is factual.

I want people to see that regardless of which candidate would have won in November, we would have had a flawed winner. Neither stood anywhere near moral high ground. Trump said as much, that he was no saint. I simply preferred his view of America over Clinton's. People in this country should be looking elsewhere for a role model. Sad but true. But he isn't the first.

He is seriously flawed. He should be more restrained. More father figure like.. The Twitter tantrums are ridiculous. I think he could get some to calm down if he were to do it himself, take out some TV time and better explain what he is trying to do, and why. Reagan won many over similarly.
8/23/2017 7:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by all3 on 8/23/2017 9:37:00 AM (view original):
True Americans believe that all people are free to believe whatever they want, as long as those beliefs do not negatively effect anyone else.
Liberals believe that all people are free to believe some things, as long as they believe those things too.
No one steps on their own dick quite like the "30 year democrat" All3.
8/23/2017 7:40 PM
It is their view of tolerance. When you disagree with them, you are cast out. Called a racist, a bigot, and they do everything to delegitimize you.

Religious Americans were told that they had to change how they thought. What the Democratic Party faced was that those people disagreed, strongly, and voted against them. It will haunt them until they return to the center.
8/23/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/23/2017 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Yup, it was dumb. Almost as dumb as offering Sheriff Joe a pardon after being accused of being a racist.
The former Maricopa County sheriff was convicted of a misdemeanor charge for not obeying a 2011 order from a judge to stop his anti-illegal immigrant traffic patrols.

Not as bad as Clinton pardoning Mark Rich...

In 1983 Rich and partner Pincus Green were indicted on 65 criminal counts, including income tax evasion, wire fraud, racketeering, and trading with Iran during the oil embargo (at a time when Iranian revolutionaries were still holding American citizens hostage).[7][17] The charges would have led to a sentence of more than 300 years in prison had Rich been convicted on all counts.[17] The indictment was filed by then-U.S. Federal Prosecutor (and future mayor of New York City) Rudolph Giuliani. At the time it was the biggest tax evasion case in U.S. history.[18]
8/23/2017 8:48 PM (edited)
Damn, going all the way back to 83 eh? Why not include Clinton's brother? LOL.....quit grasping.

Sheriff Joe is a known racist.
8/23/2017 9:53 PM
Misdemeanor. A sheriff that disagreed with a judge's ruling. His personal beliefs are his own. I don't agree with him. But many who have done far worse have been pardoned. This is small potatoes.

What he did pales in comparison to law enforcement that turned loose criminals, ignoring lawful orders to detain until federal officers arrived.
8/23/2017 10:03 PM (edited)
people in his position - govt and law enforcement dont often get pardoned.

all of you have the right to right to remain silent.
8/23/2017 10:06 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/23/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
As far as racism, Trump has been applauded by many in the black community over the years for what he'd done for minority workers. Even Jesse Jackson spoke of the good Trump had done. He may not have spoken out enough against the white supremacists but he isn't one of them. Americans can see the difference, regardless of what the media is pushing. That movement is a minuscule minority, and will remain as much. People aren't interested in that crap. Racism on a whole is overblown. Yes it exists, but not like some want you to believe. If the economy flourishes with Trump, he will have done more for Latinos and blacks than Obama. Other than initially offering them hope, overall he failed his own people. Obama left office with far more impoverished than in 2009. Since January, minority unemployment is down, their labor participation rate and wages are up. A continuation will lift many to a better standard of life, and about goddamned time...they don't need a handout. They need opportunity. The more that work mean we can and should do more for those who cannot do it themselves. How a Democrat argues with that is why they have tanked. I see their quality of life as more important than who they vote for.
I had a long drawn out response to this but decided to shut it down. It won't matter. Racism is overblown says it all. Jesse Jackson is now the paramount of what is correct. I will do some research on that and see what else he's said. He has to be right.....right?

I will say you cherry pick stats and don't look at percentages of what happened after Obama took office. Trump was handed an economy on the rise. Obama was not.

You tell me where the welfare states are....blue or red?

How'd Kansas do with their great experiment? That's what your boy wants to do.
8/23/2017 10:13 PM
jesse jackson on trump was 1998 i believe.
8/23/2017 10:15 PM
My point is the hysteria over Trump and racism is overblown. He is no Nazi, nor a sympathizer. And the vast majority of Americans are harmless, regarding race. What happened in Charlottsville was awful, and there is no place for it. Your side is guilty of violent acts since January, many largely ignored by the media. You didn't see Repubs burning buildings or beating people up when Obama took office. I am sure there were a few isolated incidents. Not on a scale like this.
8/23/2017 10:27 PM
The economy did get better under Obama, albeit slowly. Had the administration not dumped hordes of regulation upon it, it might have been much better. But the wealthy were mostly the beneficiaries. The middle class shrunk, and poverty rates rose significantly. Jobs and wages remained stagnant. Many millions were added to the welfare state, hence my comment regarding Obama not doing nearly enough to help the situation. But the fatcats in the blue states loved him...
8/23/2017 10:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Rights as Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.