Rights as Americans Topic

Posted by DoctorKz on 8/23/2017 10:27:00 PM (view original):
My point is the hysteria over Trump and racism is overblown. He is no Nazi, nor a sympathizer. And the vast majority of Americans are harmless, regarding race. What happened in Charlottsville was awful, and there is no place for it. Your side is guilty of violent acts since January, many largely ignored by the media. You didn't see Repubs burning buildings or beating people up when Obama took office. I am sure there were a few isolated incidents. Not on a scale like this.
Under Obama --- ISIS rose to power and the BLM movement began. Not his fault but it happened on his watch. That is a FACT.
Racism was here well before Trump. Another FACT.
This country is very divided and people like me -- Moderates do not have any representation. Another FACT.
Instead I have the religious right on one side and the ludicrous left on the other. My two options for President because of your two factions were:

#1) A corrupt "chosen one" who left our soldiers to die in Benghazi, basically stole money via the Clinton foundation, turned a blind eye as her husband abused many women; called 1/2 the country a basket of deplorables; wanted to open borders to Islamists who may or may not have been terror threats. And SHE not Trump started the birther debate when during the primaries eight years ago her camp posted pics of Barrack Obama in Arabic attire.

#2) A lifelong businessman who has zero experience in politics and was a Democrat for 90% of his life. With zero political experience he does not know how to work in Washington where Dems and GOP need to sometimes compromise. While he has strong business acumen he has zero international negotiation experience and rules as more of a CEO than a President of a country and that doesn't work. At least he can utter the words "Radical Islamic Terrorism" something neither Obama nor Clinton could pronounce.

As far as I am concerned both sides can go jump in the lake.

8/23/2017 10:42 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/23/2017 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/23/2017 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/23/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
As far as racism, Trump has been applauded by many in the black community over the years for what he'd done for minority workers. Even Jesse Jackson spoke of the good Trump had done. He may not have spoken out enough against the white supremacists but he isn't one of them. Americans can see the difference, regardless of what the media is pushing. That movement is a minuscule minority, and will remain as much. People aren't interested in that crap. Racism on a whole is overblown. Yes it exists, but not like some want you to believe. If the economy flourishes with Trump, he will have done more for Latinos and blacks than Obama. Other than initially offering them hope, overall he failed his own people. Obama left office with far more impoverished than in 2009. Since January, minority unemployment is down, their labor participation rate and wages are up. A continuation will lift many to a better standard of life, and about goddamned time...they don't need a handout. They need opportunity. The more that work mean we can and should do more for those who cannot do it themselves. How a Democrat argues with that is why they have tanked. I see their quality of life as more important than who they vote for.
I had a long drawn out response to this but decided to shut it down. It won't matter. Racism is overblown says it all. Jesse Jackson is now the paramount of what is correct. I will do some research on that and see what else he's said. He has to be right.....right?

I will say you cherry pick stats and don't look at percentages of what happened after Obama took office. Trump was handed an economy on the rise. Obama was not.

You tell me where the welfare states are....blue or red?

How'd Kansas do with their great experiment? That's what your boy wants to do.
Taint what exactly do you do for work for you know not of what you speak.
What exactly is wrong there?
8/23/2017 11:09 PM
Mistakes were made in Kansas. It compares well to Illinois, where Democrats and unions have run it into the ground. Cali isn't all roses either, where you have huge deficits, cities going bankrupt. Conditions in most of America haven't seen prosperity in quite some time. Many of those red States voted for change due to their situation. The money wasn't exactly falling from the sky..
8/23/2017 11:20 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/23/2017 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/23/2017 10:27:00 PM (view original):
My point is the hysteria over Trump and racism is overblown. He is no Nazi, nor a sympathizer. And the vast majority of Americans are harmless, regarding race. What happened in Charlottsville was awful, and there is no place for it. Your side is guilty of violent acts since January, many largely ignored by the media. You didn't see Repubs burning buildings or beating people up when Obama took office. I am sure there were a few isolated incidents. Not on a scale like this.
Under Obama --- ISIS rose to power and the BLM movement began. Not his fault but it happened on his watch. That is a FACT.
Racism was here well before Trump. Another FACT.
This country is very divided and people like me -- Moderates do not have any representation. Another FACT.
Instead I have the religious right on one side and the ludicrous left on the other. My two options for President because of your two factions were:

#1) A corrupt "chosen one" who left our soldiers to die in Benghazi, basically stole money via the Clinton foundation, turned a blind eye as her husband abused many women; called 1/2 the country a basket of deplorables; wanted to open borders to Islamists who may or may not have been terror threats. And SHE not Trump started the birther debate when during the primaries eight years ago her camp posted pics of Barrack Obama in Arabic attire.

#2) A lifelong businessman who has zero experience in politics and was a Democrat for 90% of his life. With zero political experience he does not know how to work in Washington where Dems and GOP need to sometimes compromise. While he has strong business acumen he has zero international negotiation experience and rules as more of a CEO than a President of a country and that doesn't work. At least he can utter the words "Radical Islamic Terrorism" something neither Obama nor Clinton could pronounce.

As far as I am concerned both sides can go jump in the lake.

LOL....what have you done to help change things? Sit there and ***** and moan? ISIS is a direct response to the quagmire Bush left in Iraq when he invaded them for no reason. It wouldn't have mattered who was president when BLM was born. It was a direct response to the militarization of our police departments, who act under less rules of engagement as our military does, and the unlawful killing of black citizens. A black man can't carry a bb gun in a Walmart without getting shot...a white man can kill 8 people at a black church and go to Burger King before he's booked.

It's weird that Hillary was never found guilty for anything regarding Benghazi, despite 34 hearings and 12 investigations, and 40 million dollars spent. Let's just say she did start the birther movement....who the **** kept it going for years? For every piece of "proof" you offer that she did, I'll offer two that she didn't. She didn't say 1/2 the country was a basket full of deplorables (#fakenews), she said 1/2 of Trumps supporters were deplorable...which has proven to have some merit to it..or maybe you think David Duke, the KKK, the Proud Boys, and other white supremacists aren't deplorable?

Ugh, I could go on and on and on, but man, you just aren't worth the time. You keep trying to spread fake statements and alternative facts at the same time you talk about #fakenews. Get your **** straight and maybe I'll respond at greater length next time. Until then, let the adults talk.

Is this deplorable?

GTFO with your bullshit.
8/23/2017 11:27 PM
We see things differently. Don't be angry. We both care, but with views that aren't compatible much of the time. Compromise is needed in this country. Is a good question as to how we get there...
8/23/2017 11:43 PM
That letter does not represent the vast majority of the people in this country. Bank on that.
8/23/2017 11:45 PM
Heh, I'm not really angry...just can't believe that people can't see things for what they are. I'm sure you feel the same.
8/23/2017 11:46 PM
The lack of common ground is frustrating to us all. It wasn't this bad...I know many Dems who were fond of Reagan, and the Bushes to some extent. We have gotten ourselves into some difficult territory. As Adams feared, we are tearing ourselves asunder...
8/24/2017 12:04 AM
Earlier this year the California legislature attempted to implement single payer, despite the sticker price being TWICE the state's entire budget, and without any means to appropriate funds. This type of governing is why people were willing to take a chance on The Donald. People are tired of seeing pols **** our money away. It is not too much to ask to have fiscal responsibility.
8/24/2017 12:21 AM
I understand that people think that all are entitled to healthcare. But depending on the price tag, it may not be feasible, and the quality of care might disappoint. Our government is not known for producing anything that is on budget, and which exceeds our expectations. The ACA is yet another example of this. Many of us are quite disgusted. We liked what we had before the smartest kids in the room made the decision for us...there were cheaper alternatives to providing for those without. Another reason to roll my eyes when a politician says "just trust me"...
8/24/2017 12:39 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/24/2017 12:21:00 AM (view original):
Earlier this year the California legislature attempted to implement single payer, despite the sticker price being TWICE the state's entire budget, and without any means to appropriate funds. This type of governing is why people were willing to take a chance on The Donald. People are tired of seeing pols **** our money away. It is not too much to ask to have fiscal responsibility.
"Taking a chance on the Donald". The guys an idiot. And it's plain to see. Why do people think this guy cares about the working man?
8/24/2017 7:22 AM
Why does ANYONE think ANY politician cares about them?

Because people are stupid.
8/24/2017 9:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/24/2017 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Why does ANYONE think ANY politician cares about them?

Because people are stupid.
"I'm no Trump fan, but...................."
8/24/2017 9:16 AM
8/24/2017 12:29 PM
well, some politicians care more than others. None of them care very much. Trump does not seem to care at all. Neither did Hillary. Obama was not great, but at least he seemed to care a little. It may have been an act, but he seemed to care somewhat.
8/24/2017 12:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Rights as Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.