Long Fix List - Attention New Owner Topic

My guys get tired. Yours don't?
8/26/2017 5:58 PM
Add in-season recruiting.

Also, if your AC scouts a player during the season, give us a real scouting report so we can see the recruits potential. I've never understood why this would be difficult to do.
8/29/2017 6:59 AM
For what its worth, can the limits on D3 be removed. That level is almost uncoachable now, really nothing to do with game planning. Recruiting is the only aspect of that level that is interesting.
8/29/2017 3:12 PM
On the Coaching 201 page you can choose which option you want as a coach Intermediate or Advanced. How about making all three options available at DIII ? ? ? Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced.
Would that encourage more coaches to stay at that level???
8/29/2017 5:40 PM
Posted by jim19_72 on 8/29/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):
On the Coaching 201 page you can choose which option you want as a coach Intermediate or Advanced. How about making all three options available at DIII ? ? ? Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced.
That would be great as it did force coaches that had built up programs at D3 to either move up or leave. I've come back to D3, thinking that it would be interesting and after recruiting, frankly it stinks.
8/29/2017 6:09 PM
Individual practice for each player. I have players that need one thing and players that need an other. Leaving some players out as far as reaching their potential. Example. RBs. I want to train a FB but in order to do so I have to train all RBs as FBs. There isn't any way to train LBs, either inside or out side. ETC ETC ETC.

Do not bring back injuries. This can and will screw teams big time.
8/30/2017 1:22 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 8/29/2017 6:09:00 PM (view original):
That would be great as it did force coaches that had built up programs at D3 to either move up or leave. I've come back to D3, thinking that it would be interesting and after recruiting, frankly it stinks.
I don't think it stinks. In fact, I'm having a lot of fun at D3. I don't have higher division experience to compare it to, so I don't have that bias. And I like that it doesn't require much time with tedious little details.
8/30/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/30/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 8/29/2017 6:09:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it stinks. In fact, I'm having a lot of fun at D3. I don't have higher division experience to compare it to, so I don't have that bias. And I like that it doesn't require much time with tedious little details.
The way it is now, does that help develop the current coaches at that level and does it really attract new coaches? Course I believe that if you are coaching in at least one world, it would be nice to be able to start at D2. LOL
8/31/2017 5:58 AM
Posted by gators06 on 8/23/2017 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nitros on 8/23/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):
I have a quick fix list, now for the long fix list. These are aspirations, so probably my title of "fix" is not that accurate. Either way, here are things I would like to see changed:

1. Length of Recruiting - Reduce the recruiting period by a couple of days.

2. Transfers - Put in place a transfer program, such that a player with certain attributes (you can take these from the scouting reports) is likely to transfer to a lower division if they do not get X (insert playing time, starts or so forth).

3. Transfer Recruit Period - This is a period after the end of the season, but prior to the new season. This is a "recruiting process" similar to the recruiting process you already have in place, but only for the "transfer pool". This will give coaches that are done with their season something to do.

NOTE: The concept comes from the great Wilk coaches in our chat sessions. Not my original idea, but I love it.

4. Expanded rosters - If you put injuries back in, please increase rosters by 4 (or some other number that makes sense).

5. Fumbles vs. Int - Too few Int's and too many fumbles IMO. If you have a QB with a certain GI with an FIQ above 70, you are never going to toss an INT. That seems not very realistic.

6. Better PBP - I am not a fan of full transparency. However, I do want information from which I can understand the system better. This can be accomplished through the PBP.

7. "Release Green Recruit" - There are situations where it is obvious that a coach has multiple "green recruits" and has no interest in them. At the coaches election, he should be able to "withdraw" from the recruiting process and push that recruit back in the pool. Since this is a coaching option, I do not see a downside and I think should be an easy thing to implement.

8. Re-alignment - The current conferences are not as accurate as I would like. That may be on purpose. If not, it would make for more enjoyment if the conferences were more accurate.

9. College Playoff - Match the 4 team playoff at 1A.

10. Elites - Put in place a process by which a BCS team can become elite and an elite team can become non-elite. If this is truly a "dynasty" game, I would think some coaches would find it challenging to take a team and turn them into an elite team over a considerable period of time.

Thanks for reading.

nitros (James)
Great list
My adds to your list.

Recruiting - change the cycles to every 8 hours instead of 3 hours.

Expanded rosters - bump by 10 to 60 total if injuries are reinstated.

Redshirts - 5 players each season with expanded roster of 60.

1. I like recruiting although it is crazy different than HD.
2. The idea of transfers is worth exploring imho..but only with more RS/roster spots.
4. Yes, but only with injuries added back. More is just that, more. There are plenty of spots without injuries.
5. ABSOLUTELY! When a SR QB throws 50+ times in game after game with zero INT but a SR RB with 60 hands fumbles 1/30 carries....there is a problem. Look at best NFL QB ratio and they suck compared to WIS QB. This needs to be fixed. Badly.
6. I think the PBP is a little vague but it may be transparency related. What more do we need to know?
7. This is not an issue if you have time to wait out the coach who isn't interested in the recruit. If you shorten the length of recruiting or change the number of cycles, this would have to be changed.
8. I believe this is a game mechanic and designed for balance/programming ease. It probably can/should be fixed for more realistic game play, but it does not bother me. Menlo doesn't even have a football team in real life, but I coach them!
9. See #8...lol
10. The Elite system at D1A should be eliminated. Way too much of an advantage from my brief time there. Or as an alternative to force turnover, add worlds/compress worlds that have coach tenure limits, for example' no coach lives and coaches at a D1A power school for 70+ seasons. Limit it to a more natural time limit of say 20 seasons. Yep, it sucks if you have built the program, but if you like realism, there is a big dose of it.
8/31/2017 7:06 AM
I wouldn't expect to see any changes made to the game for at least a year. There's no one at WIS that knows the game code, so any developer they hire will have to spend some time learning how the sim works.

Hopefully, the code is well documented, but even if it is, gaining an understanding of someone else's code can be difficult. If it's not well-documented, then it becomes even harder.
9/1/2017 10:07 AM
My goodness fix the fatigue issues with running backs and wide receivers. No running back should be able to carry the ball 50 times a game AND catch 20+ passes a game. Wide receivers can catch 30 passes a game. This is just way too unrealistic. After a certain number a carries per quarter, or half, or game a running back should see his production slip drastically. Same with wide receivers in the number of times they are targeted.
In the opposite direction a QB should not get tired unless he runs a ridiculous number of times. Right now it is easier for a QB to get tired throwing the ball than a running back running the ball or wide receiver being targeted for a pass. When is the last time you were watching a college football game and a QB had to come out of the game because he was tired because he had been throwing the ball too much?
Also totally agree that the good QBs do need to throw interceptions now and then.
9/1/2017 3:18 PM

No running back should be able to carry the ball 50 times a game AND catch 20+ passes a game. Wide receivers can catch 30 passes a game

So that's what KC meant. Gotcha.
9/1/2017 5:15 PM
If you are leading on a recruit when signings begin, but fall behind at some point later in the recruiting process:

An email from a recruit telling you that you have fallen behind has to be mandatory so that you have a chance to fight for the recruit before he's gone.
9/2/2017 8:40 PM
Can we get an NFL version of GD? Using the players who 'graduate' from GD?
9/8/2017 10:59 AM
Awesome idea! As long as they could figure out a good way for us to draft the "graduates"!

9/8/2017 1:33 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Long Fix List - Attention New Owner Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.