Guys you avoid drafting... Topic

....because you don't like them in real life.

for me it's Matt Holliday. Being a Reds fan and him when he was on the Cardinals, more often than not came up with a big hit in a crucial game situation.
8/23/2017 1:28 PM
Schilling, Utley, Piazza
8/23/2017 2:16 PM
Derek Jeter. I always draft A-Rod at SS when I twist those Yankee rosters
8/23/2017 2:54 PM
Schilling, Rocker
Dixie Walker
Rougned, Juan Gone
Papelbon

I do not like them
On my teams
I do not like them
In my dreams
I do not like them
Here or there
I do not like them
Anywhere
8/23/2017 3:04 PM
Good call on Papelbon, forgot him.
8/23/2017 3:12 PM
Joe Morgan. I knew a different dude named Joe Morgan and he was a jerk.
8/23/2017 3:42 PM
Robbie Alomar. Still can see him spitting on the umpire.

John Rocker. Remarks about New Yorkers on the subway. Disgusting human being.
8/23/2017 4:52 PM
Gary Sheffield

striking out on purpose. that'll show 'em

"The Brewers ... I hated everything about that place. If the official scorer gave me an error, I didn't think was an error, I'd say, 'OK, here's a real error,' and I'd throw the next ball into the stands on purpose."
8/23/2017 6:05 PM
I recently completed real life sensitivity/diversity training at my workplace and will no longer be drafting these players:

Blackie Schwamb
Brownie Foreman
Nig Clarke
Nig Cuppy
Nig Lipscomb
Nig Perrine
Jigger Statz
**** Hernandez
Toots Schultz
Baby Doll Jacobson
Dolly Gray
Dolly Stark
And any player named Whitey, Babe, Pinky or Sweetbreads. What the heck, throw Bob Lee and Travis "Stonewall" Jackson in too.

8/23/2017 9:14 PM
Don Sutton cause he ratted out Candelaria to the cops when he was leaving the clubhouse drunk after a game in Anaheim.

Bill Singer cause he dropped the "Do you know who I am?" card after I umpired a high school game that his kid went to and questioned a call I made that he didn't like.
8/23/2017 10:15 PM
I avoid Chad Billingsley because his high WHIP taints my memory of Barbara Billingsley's grossly underrated performance as June Cleaver on Leave it to Beaver.
8/24/2017 4:51 PM
I avoid both Alex Gonzalezes, especially in prog leagues, because who the hell can tell them apart? Even at b-r.com, you to go their pages and scroll down to Similar Batters and Most Similar By Ages and you see them appearing multiple times in each other's lists.
8/24/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by finn2030 on 8/23/2017 9:14:00 PM (view original):
I recently completed real life sensitivity/diversity training at my workplace and will no longer be drafting these players:

Blackie Schwamb
Brownie Foreman
Nig Clarke
Nig Cuppy
Nig Lipscomb
Nig Perrine
Jigger Statz
**** Hernandez
Toots Schultz
Baby Doll Jacobson
Dolly Gray
Dolly Stark
And any player named Whitey, Babe, Pinky or Sweetbreads. What the heck, throw Bob Lee and Travis "Stonewall" Jackson in too.

Nooooo! Not my boiz Jigger and ****!
8/24/2017 6:40 PM
Chief works
8/25/2017 8:48 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/23/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Gary Sheffield

striking out on purpose. that'll show 'em

"The Brewers ... I hated everything about that place. If the official scorer gave me an error, I didn't think was an error, I'd say, 'OK, here's a real error,' and I'd throw the next ball into the stands on purpose."
Haha! Indeed! That was from his book, right? That whole thing was just a huge ******** session about everyone and everything except his wife, Jim Leyland, and Dave Dombrowski. You'd think the man never did a thing wrong in his life according to him. Guy actually had the nerve to tell the Dodgers "pay my taxes and buy me a house" in order to accept a trade there.
I liked Sheff the player, but as a person he seems like such a jerk.
8/25/2017 9:05 AM
12 Next ▸
Guys you avoid drafting... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.