Tournament of Champions Huge Advantage. Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
how huge? like YUGE?
8/24/2017 9:24 AM
Sorry, I only play Bigly.
8/24/2017 6:54 PM
nothing is guaranteed unless Arnold Rothstein is involved
8/26/2017 8:06 PM
Do you know how hard it is to win a TOC? Even with an advantage, there is still a tremendous amount of luck involved. Also if you are really serious about winning a TOC, you need to drop it down to 80M to play against all those progressive teams.
8/29/2017 12:48 AM
I made it to the 3rd round with my 80M open team in a 100M cap format. Often those standard 80M open league guys are being placed 100M divisions, so yes, its a nice advantage to have a 100m team in a 100m league
8/30/2017 9:21 AM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 8/30/2017 9:21:00 AM (view original):
I made it to the 3rd round with my 80M open team in a 100M cap format. Often those standard 80M open league guys are being placed 100M divisions, so yes, its a nice advantage to have a 100m team in a 100m league
If you are getting placed in a $100M TOC with your $80M team, you are making some minor mistakes. Start your league at the beginning of the salary cycle and make sure not to have any of your AAA players on your roster after the 120 game mark. I can tell you the biggest advantage in winning a TOC is playing in the $80M TOC against all the progressives. Over have the teams are progressives, I doubt 1/10 of the teams in the $100M TOC are progressives. I won't say you can't win the $100M TOC but you aren't really put yourself at that much of an advantage.
8/30/2017 11:25 PM
Don't know why you're saying this. In my recent 100M TOC, 24 of the 36 teams have under a $91M roster - I just looked. Enough said. But further, your strategy of putting my minor leaguers down after 120 games is faulty because I'm at a big disadvantage (in the regular league) to beat teams that have drafted less, more effective PA and IP along with relying on minor leaguers down the stretch. I'd have to draft more quantity over quality to compensate for not using minor leaguers the last 40 games. You have to make it to TOC first.

If you have a league you want to push, push it on another thread, but please stop disputing a good idea. I'm working to fill spots and your flawed analysis is making my job more difficult.

Thanks.
8/31/2017 1:09 PM
Posted by profcake on 8/29/2017 12:48:00 AM (view original):
Do you know how hard it is to win a TOC? Even with an advantage, there is still a tremendous amount of luck involved. Also if you are really serious about winning a TOC, you need to drop it down to 80M to play against all those progressive teams.
actually profcake, it doesn't look as if winning a TOC is hard for you so long as you make it to the finals. Checked out your TOC stat sheet and it says you're 8 for 8 when getting there. Not bad. In fact, very good.
8/31/2017 8:13 PM
this is a debate/discussion forum. I see you know about and are full in the Theme League Classified. They won't disagree with you there. This is just a place for fun discussion and opinions. Great job filling it up so fast.
8/31/2017 8:33 PM (edited)
I am not sure why you are getting so upset when you posted in a discussion forum and the topic is getting discussed. I am glad that your league filled and I hope that your winner does well in the TOC but I still don't think that $100M is the best format. I stated my strategy and I am not sure what analysis you are stating is flawed. I said that in the $80M bracket you are going to see a ton of progressives. I would take playing against a progress team vs an open league team any day of the week. You said that 24 out of the 36 of the teams have under $91M, could you tell me how many teams are progressives though? As for sending down your AAA players, you should be able to plan ahead enough to make use of their AB's. You should be able to calculate how many AB's your regular players have and how often you need to sit them early in the season so you can play them all 40 games after the roster lock. Sending down AAA is not a disadvantage if you can plan ahead. I have thought that I have done well in the TOCs, I was just trying to give some advice if you are actually serious about wanting to win a TOC.
9/2/2017 1:52 PM
Any non-restricting roster that doesnt have minors and allows you to be right at a bracket max is good. My format is very good advantage wise, your 80m plan sounds excellent, but with 100m, i get a big spill in (open leagues) of competition with 91m rosters, 11m of which is composed of crappy minor leaguers.
9/4/2017 12:15 AM
12 Next ▸
Tournament of Champions Huge Advantage. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.