Theme League Co-op Topic

As you know, it isn't easy to fill up a theme league. I don't like open leagues, because I don't like the rookie aspect. I would rather be able to pick the 12 guys I want, not pick 9 guys and hope that the 3 rookies don't ruin my team. Anyhow, I would rather play theme leagues. However, it's hard to get those first players into your league. A lot of people don't seem to be interested until there are only 6-8 spots left.

My idea.....why don't we have a theme league co-op? If we had a core group of people who want to play theme leagues, we could work together to fill them up. If we had a dozen people who would start leagues together, it would be easier to get 12 more people to finish filling the league. Better yet, if we have 30 or 40 co-op "members", if only 12 or 15 wanted to join a particular league, it would still be easier to finish filling that league. The goal is to have a steady diet of theme leagues that will fill in a week or 10 days.

Not only could we work together to fill the leagues, but we could decide together on what type of league we want to do next. High cap? Low cap? Clones? No clones? Ban a few guys? Leagues with only left handed Jewish point guards? You get the idea.

Save the SIM! Join a theme league today!
8/24/2017 7:11 PM
Great idea! I'd help you organize it if we got enough people
8/25/2017 9:55 AM
Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the only person here who wanted to play in theme leagues.
8/25/2017 11:39 AM
I wouldn't mind being in the pool of owners as long as it's not binding to the effect that I have to participate in every theme
8/25/2017 1:17 PM
I think the best way to do it would be to have 20+ owners in a group, maybe with a private forum, vote on the next league out of 3-4 options, and then try to fill the league. There would be no binding or forcing people to join, but hopefully most people would. If we had 15 or so people committed to a league it would be pretty easy to fill.
8/25/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 8/25/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
I think the best way to do it would be to have 20+ owners in a group, maybe with a private forum, vote on the next league out of 3-4 options, and then try to fill the league. There would be no binding or forcing people to join, but hopefully most people would. If we had 15 or so people committed to a league it would be pretty easy to fill.
Yes, this is the way that I want it to work. No one should be forced to join any league, but if we are deciding together what a league will be we should have people who want to join it.
8/25/2017 2:11 PM
Alright me and Midge, have been going over some ideas and we are going to tag team this. Some ideas we have so far:

1. Once we have 12 or so people on board, we will ask wis for a private forum. This way, people in the co-op will have first dibs at the leagues they want to play in.

2. There will be a co-op board of three members to settle any disputes. It will work much like the fair play committees in a number of progressives. There will also be an alternate in case any member of the board is involved in the dispute.

3. When a league hits the all-star break, a member of the board will contact league members asking for ideas on the next league. We would then hold a poll and go with the highest vote. At that point, anyone in the co-op would get first dibs at signing up, but WOULD NOT have to join if they didn't want. After a week we would open it up to the general public to fill the league.

4. Whichever league gets voted on, whoever suggested it will be the commissioner. This will give more people the chance to branch out and take responsibility and hopefully get more people hooked.

Thats what we have so far! We think this will be a great way to get more theme leagues going and expand peoples' interest in simleague basketball.

Please sign up here if you are interested in joining! New ideas are appreciated and welcome so please don't hesitate to chime in!
8/25/2017 7:57 PM
I will sign up but want nothing to do with admin (and it's probably in all of our best interests that it goes that way)
8/25/2017 8:56 PM
Basketball Theme League Co-op Sign Up List

1) Midge
2) benhoidal
3) copernicus
4) samuelyork93
5) cjok1051
6) superrobb420
7) milest
8) 24kpyrite
9) Poddy
10) bds9992
11) tau1624
12) uptowngbv
13) bigmac945
14) mdjohnston
15) twinsfan8791
16) pointfwd
17) redbooda
18) jhsukow
19) gerryred
20) coachcroft
21) hoopsrus
22) bigkochman
23) Wonder Boys
24) eleibowitz
8/31/2017 4:13 PM (edited)
I will sign up! I LOVE the theme leagues! Count me in!
8/28/2017 8:46 AM
Awesome! Spread the word!
8/28/2017 3:59 PM
Awesome! Let's give it a day or two to see if anyone else wants to join us and then we can start taking league suggestions.
8/29/2017 7:52 PM
Sign me up as well!
8/29/2017 10:19 PM
Ok I'm in
8/30/2017 3:30 AM
Count me in, can't seem to win to save my life, but love the idea!
8/30/2017 5:41 PM
12 Next ▸
Theme League Co-op Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.